“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms at Pelican Cove

and 1 more site!
You added The Palms at Pelican Cove to your Saves list
The Palms at Pelican Cove
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4126 La Grande Princesse, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Special Offer
2 NIGHTS FREE !!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
NYC
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at Palms from 1-7 October and I had one of the best experiences ever! I needed a getaway from the crazy NYC and a quiet and peaceful time. After having read through some of the reviews I finally decided to do my first ever solo travelling to the palms at Pelican Cove and I wasn't disappointed!! October was rather slow at Palms ( so I was told) and very quiet but it was the perfect time for me and the right place/resort that I was looking for! I had the entire beach just for myself!:) What a beautiful beach and a breathtaking view right from the balcony of my room!
All the staff there were very friendly and helpful. Mitch is an amazing person!! He took time to teach me snorkeling and took me out to my first awesome snorkeling experience right on the beach! I saw many different fish (sting ray, barracuda and lionfish). The next day, he took me on a hiking tour ( though I was the only one who signed up for it, he didn't even cancel the trip! what a professional!!!) On the tour, I tasted different kind of fruits grown on the island and met the islanders. Mitch also explained to me the history of the island and took as many pictures of my hiking and snorkeling experiences which he gave me the pics in a CD.
The restaurant was closed for renovation most of the days and service at the bar sometimes spotty (my only 'unpleasant' experience, in particular getting food, as I didn't want to leave the resort looking for restaurants nearby). The front desk suggested one close resort right next to Palms (Hibiscus) for lunch and dinner which I tried a couple of times but the food wasn't that great and the price expensive! Luckily, the restaurant at Palms reopened on Friday and I enjoyed all the food I had there.
Overall,my experience at Palms was fabulous! I strongly recommend the place, particularly during October if you are desperately looking for a quiet and peaceful place, individually or as a group!
I can't wait till October comes to visit Palms again!
DG, NYC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay! We chose The Palms after reading the great recommendations on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. We had a picturesque view of the ocean from our room, delicious food in the outdoor restaurant, and amazing service from the welcoming staff. Thanks, especially to Mitch who offered complimentary snorkeling lessons. I learned to snorkel at age 62 and loved it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palms mid September and it was absolutely the friendliest and most fabulous vacation ever. Our room was awesome, staff was awesome and we could not ask for a better location. I would recommend everyone looking for a place to stay on the island to check in to the Palms. You will not be disappointed.

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our thanks go to the The Palms at Pelican Cove.. We had a wonderful vacation there. Spent almost two weeks there and got to know our hosts. We have to say that Mitch, their "everything guy" was exceptional. He was quirky, friendly, knowledgeable and above all a really good guy. He took us night snorkeling (awesome) along with Chuck the owner, and took us daytime snorkeling a few times. He also took us on a walking tour of the area. We met Miss Rita who shared her yard and fruit with us. A true Cruzian woman. Mitch also gave us his # and helped us when we were lost:) a few times. Mitch also suggested many places to go and see and directions to get there. The end of Sept. and beginning of Oct. is the best time to go. We felt like we had beaches to ourselves. The rest of the staff were equally friendly and so helpful. We fell in love with all of them..the rooms were nice and Mama G did a good job of cleaning up after us. Thank you for making this an awesome place to stay and our St. Croix vacation special. You do need to get a car if you are there for any length of time!! Again many many thanks to Mitch, Shiela. Rico, Pat , Mama G. and the the rest of the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Albert48, Owner at The Palms at Pelican Cove, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
It is always fun to be able to pass along wonderful comments such as yours to our staff. As you noted, they are exceptionally hardworking and proud of the contribution that they make towards the resort. They also well recognize that you are the most important person here. And when they make you happy, they are happy. It's because of guests like you that they love what they do. St. Croix is a special place, and we are so glad that you were able to pick up the true flavor of the island. We much look forward to seeing you again on a return visit.
Mio, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palms for our honeymoon in mid September this year and had an absolutely amazing time. Chuck, his wife, and his daughter Erin (resort owners) are the friendliest and most courteous people I have ever encountered on a vacation. The first morning we walked down to have breakfast at the resort restaurant (outdoors and overlooking the water) and Chuck sat down with us and gave us a personal map-tour of the island and attractions. He took us on two snorkels (for free) and even let us borrow his and his wife's golf clubs along with a gift certificate to the island's best golf resort. The room was perfect size and cleaned every day for us. The rest of the staff greeted us with a smile each day and helped us in every way they could, even woke us up (upon request) at 1am and gave us a ride to see the sea turtles laying eggs on the beach-side. It was a one-of-a-kind experience that we will never forget. We are already planning a trip back with our friends, and we can't wait to see our new friends at the Palms again!

Room Tip: We had an ocean front room that was maybe 30 feet from the waters' edge, I recommend you take th...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Absolutely love The Palms at Pelican Cove. I've been to St Croix a few times for business reasons, and day trips...but do not get to stay overnight too often. This past week, was able to stay over, finally...and the staff could NOT of been better. Everyone was so friendly, it was hard to believe I was in the Virgin Islands....Let's start off with the check in experience....it's basic, and delightful, the person at the desk is so polite and welcoming. She drove me over to my room in the little golf cart, and I was met and shown to my room. I had a deluxe room on the 2nd floor.....room faced the North Shore of St Croix, so you had the palm trees and water right outside....King size bed...very comfy, wi-fi...(complimentary) shocking in the Virgin Islands...and it actually worked! The bathroom was so pretty, open shower, exposed rock, it was just so cool. Oh, and a festive little bottle of complimentary local bottle of rum was waiting for me...this is standard in all their rooms. Went down to the bar area, to see what was happening.......it's all open air, you can hear the water....the wait staff/bartendars were right on spot with service. The menu is very affordable, and so many choices. They evidently had just re-opened the restaurant that night after a few days for renovation and a menu re-vamp. You absolutely MUST try the chef's award winning soup. It's a local pumpkin/coconut soup....Simply, divine.......wanted more! There were so many great things to try on the menu, i was bummed I was only there for one night. Anyway, there was some live music playing, you are right smack dab on the beach, the place is clean, very safe, and very friendly. You feel like you are at home when you are there.....Love love love love this place, can't wait to go back.....

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equally as nice....i've stayed there a couple times and the rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have a condo on St. Croix so we know the Palms well. It is a "must" when we have guests. Can anything be more romantic than sitting nearly on the beach with the surf breaking and the tropical breeze blowing softly through the draperies while you eat a fabulous meal of locally caught fresh mahi? If you're fortunate to arrive during a full moon, the magic is complete. It is one of our favorite spots on the island.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Palms at Pelican Cove? Share your experiences!