This is our second time staying at The Palms.
The rooms are very spacious. They have upgraded since our last stay. Incredible mattresses made us not want to leave. All new bedding is washed fresh for every guest. (Not like the hotels that just wash the sheets but leave the bedspread.) Thick fluffy towels and washcloths were abundant in their newly redone bathrooms. They have new beautiful tiled showers and double sinks. Of course, the patios/balconies all have amazing views of the ocean. If you are staying on the first floor you can walk from your patio right on to the beach. It is great coming back to the air conditioned room after playing in the sun all day. We love that it didn’t feel like we were in a generic room that could have been in any city or town anywhere. If you stay at The Palms you definitely get the good mix of comfort and island flavor.
The restaurant was amazing. It is located right on the beach! There is nothing better than a fabulous meal while watching the sunset over the water. The menu specials change every night ensuring fresh selections. We liked that you could choose between local dishes or something you might find closer to home. The bar menu, which you can order from anytime, provided some tasty and more economical options. You must go to Caribbean night. Everything is worth it. The buffet was excellent. I don’t think we have had better barbeque and the entertainment had everyone joining in.
The Pool is best place to relax. Lounge chairs, tables and toys make it inviting for the whole family. Towels and snorkel gear are available for free at the front desk. The beach is pristine and never crowded. There is a lot to do and see on the island but you really don’t need to leave the hotel to have a great time. There was free wifi available in the rooms, pool side and in the lobby.
The staff is very friendly and attentive. You will feel like family before the end of your stay. They make it easy for you to find the best places to go and things to do. We do recommend renting a car to be able to enjoy everything St. Croix has to offer. Remember to stay on the left. We can’t wait to go back and will staying here again.
(P.S. If you want to learn more about the island go for a hike with Papa John. Brochures are in the lobby. It was well worth it!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands