I must prefaces my stay at The Palms at Pelican Cove was during the off-season. So it was a little too warm and too many mosquitos. That being said, it was off-season so it was nice and quiet which made for a quite enjoyable time there. What I liked most about the Palms at Pelican Cove was the fact that it was Cancun, Mexico. If you want the rustic feel. if you want to feel like you are on an island in the middle of the ocean. If you want to feel like you are almost practically sleeping on the beach, this is the place. Everything is open air, except for you room which gave it a great island feel. And the beach is literally 10feet from the hotel rooms.
The staff was so friendly. Incredibly helpful and helped you feel like you part of the community. I loved all the activities they had planned. They gave free snorkel guides right in the ocean from the hotel. And the guides where very friendly, helpful, and intelligent. Almost better than the paid for snorkel guide to Buck Island. They also offered Nature walks, history/culture walks, yoga, and many other small activities to add a little special events to your day.
The food was good. The bartenders were great! And they made the effort to not only remember your name, but remember a few details about you and your stay.
My only complaint would be that for those of us who don't live on island time all the time; waiting for food in the restaurants was a little frustrating. I'm all about being laid back, however when I'm hungry I'm hungry. And it is hard to wait 30mins for a meal when your stomach is growling.
But overall, throughly impressed and would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands