Best Vacation Ever
Date: April 14, 2011
When friends ask us about our recent trip to St. Croix, we find ourselves saying over and over what a perfect vacation it was - more than we ever dreamed of. The Palms is the reason we had such a great week. My husband and I have three teens and we are not seasoned travelers. We chose the Palms based on the positive reviews over the past few years. We were delighted with the excellent service and atmosphere at the Palms. The rooms are clean, spacious and equipped with a refrigerator and coffee maker. Our rooms had sliding doors that opened to a patio and gorgeous beach. The trade winds and view of the Caribbean were absolutely magnificent. Comfortable lounge chairs were abundant.
Arriving a day late due to airport issues in Miami, we were greeted warmly by the staff who helped us settle into our rooms immediately even though it was early in the day. By 2 pm, we were fitted for snorkeling gear provided by the Palms at no charge. Chuck, the owner, enthusiastically instructed us and took us out snorkeling right off the beach. We hadn't snorkeled before and it was an incredible experience to see the coral reef and all the beautiful creatures that inhabit it. An early evening swim in the fresh water pool next to the beach along with a delicious dinner at the open air restaurant were the perfect end to a busy first day. We ate several lunches and dinners poolside or in the open air restaurant. The food was consistently delicious and the servers were friendly and informative.
On our second day, Chuck spent two hours helping us plan out our week. He and his staff made our reservations for golf at a local resort, an introductory scuba diving class at the pool, and snorkeling with Big Beard at Buck Island. In addition, we enjoyed driving through the rain forest and visiting nearby Fredricksted. We took a drive all the way to the east end to Point Udall. While we loved all of the activities and day trips, we treasured any and all time spent right at the Palms. We snorkeled twice with Chuck and then on our own daily. We even snorkeled in the evening. Mitch, our guide, did an amazing job helping us maneuver around the reef with our underwater flashlights.
Chuck and his staff, especially Mitch, Julie, Pat, and Gus, were outstanding hosts. The housekeepers and grounds staff did a terrific job. In today's world, it is a real treat to feel the warmth and genuine kindness of total strangers. We appreciated the "good faith" atmosphere at the Palms. There weren't all kinds of signs with rules or charges for each and every item or service. If you needed to borrow something from the front desk, you were greeted with a smile. Our kids felt very at-home and so did we.
Thanks to the Palms for a truly memorable week!
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.