“Ideal Location, wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Company House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Company House Hotel to your Saves list
Company House Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Company Street, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix (Formerly Danish Manor Hotel and Suites)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ideal Location, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel was ideal for our short stay in St. Croix. It is right in the heart of Christiansted located within walking distance of the water front, the shops and restaurants. The staff was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean with a king sized bed. Amenities included a fridge, coffee machine a flat screen tv with all the channels l could need but seeing as l spent most of my time outside l never really watched anything. The room was on the ground floor overlooking the pool and it was very peaceful. There was a nice shower with hot water but in this weather it was cold water all the way. There is a roof deck when you can see the rest of Christiansted sipping on some cold beverages and watching the sun go down. I really like this hotel and will definitely be staying there on my next return to the island which has to be soon.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

First of all for the best prices at this hotel go to the official website and book directly by calling. The prices were 30-50 dollars cheaper than the other travel booking sites.

The Company House is a historic warehouse and even slaves were once kept inside. It is located about 1/2 a block from Christianvaern park and a little less than that from the church where slavery was declared illegal in Danish territories. The lobby area is really nice and looks just like the photos you see here. Some of the pictures aren't current because the reception area is totally open now and there is a bar area in the lobby too. The front desk staff is really friendly.

The rooms are more basic, but clean. I had a problem with the water one morning; there was none. My room faced the back street of the hotel and an empty lot. I could hear the roosters crowing in the morning. It has a cool, island vibe. It would be a nice spot for a romantic weekend. It seemed as if there were only a few other guests staying in the hotel while I was there. I met a guy sitting outside his room while watching his kids playing. And we talked for a bit before he offered me a beer. So, there is a pretty relaxed atmosphere.

The surrounding area is pretty quiet and surrounded by historic Danish architecture and town planning. Even at night it is safe to walk around. To be honest the whole town was pretty much deserted so it was an odd feeling to be there. It just seemed like there should be more people around. I felt like I was staying at Colonial Williamsburg. It was beautiful and seemed to be untouched except for maintenance in a hundred years. The hotel fit right in and it was only a few minutes walk to the board walk where there are lot of restaurants and bars and where all of the water activities launch from.

This isn't a swanky hotel, but it is very nice and pretty inexpensive. I'd disregard the picky reviews about towels or finding a salamander or whatever. This place may not be perfection, but neither is any other place in C'sted. I liked it for what it is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Arlington VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights at the hotel! After staying with a friend during the weekend we stayed here during the week so would be able to get along without a car. When we arrived at the hotel at 11am we asked if we could store our bags and explore the shops of downtown Christiansted. Michelle (who was very pleasant and very welcoming) at the front desk informed us that our room was ready and we could check in early. Nice treat but it was on tues morning, during a time when early check ins are usually more available. The room was perfect for our stay. We were not in it much but it had everything we required, cleanliness, nice turn down service and amenities. The other staff people were great! Lenny the bartender makes a mean rum punch and you really get a relaxed feeling from everyone. Location is perfect walking distance to anything in Christiansted and Gallows Bay. Pleasant stay all around. P.S. anyone traveling to St. Croix do not expect anything fast. The service is perfect and pleasant but no where on the island will find the super quick and dismissive service of the states. It embodied the perfect downtown Christiansted getaway and we will return!

• Stayed March 2013
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had an excellent stay at the Company House Hotel. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating! The hotel is right next to an amazing coffee shop and is situated on a road with beautiful shops, a yoga center, and delicious food. Tavern 1844 had the BEST burger AND best veggie burger I have ever had, beware of the fries, they are addicting! The Company House Hotel is just one block away from the boardwalk and is a $2 ferry from Hotel on the Cay (pronounced KEY) if you're looking to lounge on the beach for the day. A trip to Fredriksted via taxi is $2.50 each way (do not let the locals con you into paying $20 each way because they will try to! REMEMBER: $2.50! EACH WAY) Fredriksted was rich with history and artwork, this is where the cruise ships dock so there is lots of excitement when they are there! The Company House Hotel was everything I was looking for in a hotel for my trip to St. Croix... PERFECT location if you choose not to rent a car (gas is very expensive there), SAFE, friendly, and accommodating.

Room Tip: I didn't plan on staying in my room very much - just looking for a safe place to keep my things...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rapid City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Outside, this hotel looks very tropical and when you enter the foyer is awesome, old style but very well maintained - but that is where it ended. We were sincerely disapppointed at the accommodations and the service. Apart from Renee at the front desk when we first arrived, everybody was inept and passed the buck about everything. Remote control didn't work and even after 5 days still got the run around. Towels on the other hand were a nightmare - we were allotted two bath towel, two hand towels and two face cloths. We didn't get any change in these even after telling the desk we hadn't got any, we had to go 'steal' them from the maids closet just so we could shower in the morning and the evening. Everything about this hotel accommodation was definitely below par. I am pretty easy pleased but this was awful. Apart from this our visit to St. Croix was AMAZING!!!! Highly recommend the destination but NOT this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place, please!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

everything is great including the staff it have this sexy young lady name marie very hope to meet her again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently got back from a weekend stay in St. Croix Virgin Islands. I got information about this hotel saying that it was a great place to stay. Upon arrival to the hotel I was told that my room wasn't ready, so I left to do some driving around the island just for exploring purposes. A few hours later when I got back I still couldn't check in because the system was down, I then left again seeing that I was hungry so I went to a nearby resturant to get a bite to eat. After spending a few more hours at the resturant and doing some more exploring of the island I ventured back to the hotel to check in. At this point they were finally ready for me to check in and get comfortable. After checking in and receiving the one key that I was given to share between three people, I headed to my room which was on the bottom floor near the area where the trash is thrown out, getting into the room there were NO RUGS on the floor, going further into the room and into the bathroom, there lay a dead baby lizard on he floor. This turned me off completely. I turned on the tv to calm my nerves but most of the channels didn't work and displayed "No Signal" on the screen. I was so upset I took a shower after a long stressfull day and went to sleep. The next morning I was awakened by the sound of the men collecting the garbage by dragging the bins down the tiled hallway. I got up for a fresh start that day with the intentions to get a soak in the pool, but thta to was filthy. Returning to my room my husband and I got dressed and went to the local ihop for breakfast. After returning to the hotel and giving my son his food, there was no microwave in the room, the only microwave to use was right outside the lobby. Not forgetting that there is no parking lot so you have to park on a side street if there is no parking on the street infront of the hotel. All in all the trip was great, but the hotel experience was aweful!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Company House Hotel? Share your experiences!