First of all for the best prices at this hotel go to the official website and book directly by calling. The prices were 30-50 dollars cheaper than the other travel booking sites.
The Company House is a historic warehouse and even slaves were once kept inside. It is located about 1/2 a block from Christianvaern park and a little less than that from the church where slavery was declared illegal in Danish territories. The lobby area is really nice and looks just like the photos you see here. Some of the pictures aren't current because the reception area is totally open now and there is a bar area in the lobby too. The front desk staff is really friendly.
The rooms are more basic, but clean. I had a problem with the water one morning; there was none. My room faced the back street of the hotel and an empty lot. I could hear the roosters crowing in the morning. It has a cool, island vibe. It would be a nice spot for a romantic weekend. It seemed as if there were only a few other guests staying in the hotel while I was there. I met a guy sitting outside his room while watching his kids playing. And we talked for a bit before he offered me a beer. So, there is a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
The surrounding area is pretty quiet and surrounded by historic Danish architecture and town planning. Even at night it is safe to walk around. To be honest the whole town was pretty much deserted so it was an odd feeling to be there. It just seemed like there should be more people around. I felt like I was staying at Colonial Williamsburg. It was beautiful and seemed to be untouched except for maintenance in a hundred years. The hotel fit right in and it was only a few minutes walk to the board walk where there are lot of restaurants and bars and where all of the water activities launch from.
This isn't a swanky hotel, but it is very nice and pretty inexpensive. I'd disregard the picky reviews about towels or finding a salamander or whatever. This place may not be perfection, but neither is any other place in C'sted. I liked it for what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three story building in the heart of Christiansted St. Croix. Newly renovated deluxe rooms plus suite. Large conference room with video conference features. Walking distance to beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Company House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Company Hotel Christiansted
- Company House Hotel St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands