“Perfect Cruzan Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Company House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Company House Hotel to your Saves list
Company House Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Company Street, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix (Formerly Danish Manor Hotel and Suites)   |
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Arlington VA
“Perfect Cruzan Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights at the hotel! After staying with a friend during the weekend we stayed here during the week so would be able to get along without a car. When we arrived at the hotel at 11am we asked if we could store our bags and explore the shops of downtown Christiansted. Michelle (who was very pleasant and very welcoming) at the front desk informed us that our room was ready and we could check in early. Nice treat but it was on tues morning, during a time when early check ins are usually more available. The room was perfect for our stay. We were not in it much but it had everything we required, cleanliness, nice turn down service and amenities. The other staff people were great! Lenny the bartender makes a mean rum punch and you really get a relaxed feeling from everyone. Location is perfect walking distance to anything in Christiansted and Gallows Bay. Pleasant stay all around. P.S. anyone traveling to St. Croix do not expect anything fast. The service is perfect and pleasant but no where on the island will find the super quick and dismissive service of the states. It embodied the perfect downtown Christiansted getaway and we will return!

• Stayed March 2013

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had an excellent stay at the Company House Hotel. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating! The hotel is right next to an amazing coffee shop and is situated on a road with beautiful shops, a yoga center, and delicious food. Tavern 1844 had the BEST burger AND best veggie burger I have ever had, beware of the fries, they are addicting! The Company House Hotel is just one block away from the boardwalk and is a $2 ferry from Hotel on the Cay (pronounced KEY) if you're looking to lounge on the beach for the day. A trip to Fredriksted via taxi is $2.50 each way (do not let the locals con you into paying $20 each way because they will try to! REMEMBER: $2.50! EACH WAY) Fredriksted was rich with history and artwork, this is where the cruise ships dock so there is lots of excitement when they are there! The Company House Hotel was everything I was looking for in a hotel for my trip to St. Croix... PERFECT location if you choose not to rent a car (gas is very expensive there), SAFE, friendly, and accommodating.

Room Tip: I didn't plan on staying in my room very much - just looking for a safe place to keep my things...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rapid City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Outside, this hotel looks very tropical and when you enter the foyer is awesome, old style but very well maintained - but that is where it ended. We were sincerely disapppointed at the accommodations and the service. Apart from Renee at the front desk when we first arrived, everybody was inept and passed the buck about everything. Remote control didn't work and even after 5 days still got the run around. Towels on the other hand were a nightmare - we were allotted two bath towel, two hand towels and two face cloths. We didn't get any change in these even after telling the desk we hadn't got any, we had to go 'steal' them from the maids closet just so we could shower in the morning and the evening. Everything about this hotel accommodation was definitely below par. I am pretty easy pleased but this was awful. Apart from this our visit to St. Croix was AMAZING!!!! Highly recommend the destination but NOT this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place, please!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

everything is great including the staff it have this sexy young lady name marie very hope to meet her again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently got back from a weekend stay in St. Croix Virgin Islands. I got information about this hotel saying that it was a great place to stay. Upon arrival to the hotel I was told that my room wasn't ready, so I left to do some driving around the island just for exploring purposes. A few hours later when I got back I still couldn't check in because the system was down, I then left again seeing that I was hungry so I went to a nearby resturant to get a bite to eat. After spending a few more hours at the resturant and doing some more exploring of the island I ventured back to the hotel to check in. At this point they were finally ready for me to check in and get comfortable. After checking in and receiving the one key that I was given to share between three people, I headed to my room which was on the bottom floor near the area where the trash is thrown out, getting into the room there were NO RUGS on the floor, going further into the room and into the bathroom, there lay a dead baby lizard on he floor. This turned me off completely. I turned on the tv to calm my nerves but most of the channels didn't work and displayed "No Signal" on the screen. I was so upset I took a shower after a long stressfull day and went to sleep. The next morning I was awakened by the sound of the men collecting the garbage by dragging the bins down the tiled hallway. I got up for a fresh start that day with the intentions to get a soak in the pool, but thta to was filthy. Returning to my room my husband and I got dressed and went to the local ihop for breakfast. After returning to the hotel and giving my son his food, there was no microwave in the room, the only microwave to use was right outside the lobby. Not forgetting that there is no parking lot so you have to park on a side street if there is no parking on the street infront of the hotel. All in all the trip was great, but the hotel experience was aweful!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We originally booked at the King Christian Hotel, I am disabled and need a hotel with an elevator. Upon arrival at the King Christian Hotel we were advised that the elevator has been out of order for some time. Joyce at King Christian was very helpful and booked us at their "sister hotel" the Company House Hotel just a block up the road. We got there and the was very pleased, the lobby was decorated for Christmas, it was beautiful, complete with a piano, sofas and tables and chairs, free computer access and a bar. We had to go up a couple steps to get to the area where the rooms where, we got to our room and it was an accessible room so it was larger than the others, it was well maintained and had a flat screen TV, mini fridge, large bathroom, table and chairs for eating and a sofa and chairs, the bed was quite cozy! Yes, it is true that the walls are thin, and if the A/C is off then you can hear the person in the next room, but that is an easy problem to solve by keeping the A/C on at all times. This hotel room was a little over $200 a night but it is next to everything, ferries to the beach, restaurants and shopping. All rooms on the entire island are non-smoking as well as all restaurants, although they still advertise smoking rooms you will not find any. Overall, this was a nice place to stay, the security guard is observant and very friendly as well as the entire staff at the hotel. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Must climb about three stairs to get into the lobby and two stairs to get up to the main floor to th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights, and really enjoyed our view from the second floor to the historic church tower and the blue water beyond. A number of restaurants within several blocks' walk. We loved staying in the old city. Small fridge and coffee in the room. It had some quirks -- cable TV wasn't available at the time -- just DVD -- but that's not what we were there for anyway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Company House Hotel? Share your experiences!