Upon arriving my wife and i could not get the room we had the first time. Due to we where told the a/c was out. Okay the room we where to stay in the a/c was froze up and wires where hanging out of it. Very disappointing due to the fact I work for a University and maintain refrigeration and a/c systems on campus. Never would I leave a unit like that in disrepair. I realize its the islands and I am not just there for a/c. The ceiling fan didn't work either. The tv was on the floor at the doorway. I went to the front desk with these concerns. Marsha explained that she would move us. She and other staff including housekeepers are some of the nicest people God bless them. They seemed to go out of there way the best they could. As far as the overall condition since the last time was night and day. This little hotel could be one promising place if you could get the owners off there u know what and place money where it needs to be. We had booked our stay in June. Well it seems from then to November they where on generator. We where never notified about that. That's even okay with me except it was broken more than it was running. No standby to rotate so when it went down everything was down. We did have a/c in the room we where moved to if we had power. Then for 4 days no hot water....really! We planned for this trip knowing that Hibiscus wasn't a 5 star resort. We had loved it before and it had issues in our prior visit. However these owners are not business people by any means. The staff of course probably suffers due to these issues. As far as the restaurant fun boys have a good fair and where very nice. The restaurant I would visit again only cause of the creation of some awesome dinner fair. I only hope that the resort will be saved by someone with some real insight to make it great again. These owners need to throw in the towel. I praise the staff again for the caring they gave us. We felt at home and where all locals and the nicest people. I hope the new owners can keep those staff members that care. Recommendation.. start caring about this facility by putting money in it. You have the location. I have stayed at a Hostile before that had more pride than these owner have. Wake up for Gods sake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands