We stayed at Hibiscus because of a LivingSocial deal but the reviews that I read and the photos that I saw did not prepare me for the sad condition the resort was in. Upon our arrival, we were placed in a room that did not have hot water, internet access, working phone lines, or an air conditioner that would shut off. So, we took cold showers in a FREEZING cold room. To top it off, there were lots of ants and a leaking mini-fridge. I woke up to dozens of bug bites all over my legs and arms and didn't know if it was bed bugs or the little sugar ants. We were moved to another room after the grand finale of our door not opening and the owner having to go next door and climb over the balcony. The new room was better, but not great. The resort has fallen into disrepair and it's very unfortunate because they're in a great location with a beautiful beach. The saving grace is the restaurant/bar. The food is INCREDIBLE. Let me repeat: INCREDIBLE. Chef Fun Boy is innovative and his dishes don't only taste amazing, they are beautiful to look at. The staff at the hotel is very friendly, accomodating, and strives to right the wrongs which is admirable. If we go back to St. Croix, we won't be staying at Hibiscus, but we will definitely be dining there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands