From the beginning...we booked a deal on Living Social really not knowing what to expect at all. After receiving comformation, I called Hibiscus Beach Resort and made the reservation. I was told I had a balance of around $60 that I would have to pay once I got there. When we arrived in St Croix we caught a taxi which was more like a van to the resort. It's was $20. This van taxi is not affiliated with the resort. We pulled up to the resort and everything looked calm and peaceful. We gave our names to the front desk (which is a sliding glass window and I don't see the issue with that as other reviews have mentioned). We were originally supposed to be in a oceanfront room on the ground floor but I asked could we get the oceanview room on the top upper level. Basically all the room face the ocean. We were places in room 12. It was dark and there were little tiny ants in the bed. I called the front desk to see if we could switch. The front desk said that we could check out the original room. The original room was worse. We stayed in room 12 then received a phone call from the front desk and was advised that they had another room we could check out. Room 23. It was perfect. No ants in the bed and it was bright. The front desk lady, I think her name was Rashema, even came with me to check out the room.
1st day-by the time we settled in completely there wasn't much sunlight left. We ate and went back to the room and slept because we were tired from our flight.
2nd day- we woke up early and went to the front desk to book a tour. Rashema told us that she would knock on our door when it was time. Jade and Junior took us on thee most fun amazing tour ever! These two were soooooooo much fun. I don't think I can stress this enough. They took us to The Chicken Stack for food, two different beaches, The Cruzan Rum factory (so much history and so much liquor), the Sugar Mill (once again so much history), Mt Pelliar Hut for the beer drinking pigs, Big Poppa' bar for Poppajuana shots. They provided us with Cruzan Confussion drinks the whole day and they were awesome!!! And we stopped at the 'twerking pole' and 'break dance tree'. After the tour we came back to the resort, we changed clothes and went back out with Jade and Junior again. At this time things were blurry. They took us to the boardwalk and 3 other places and we literally danced the night away. We had an instant connect with Jade and Junior.
3rd day- we used the 3rd day to recover from the day before. Because its low season Hibiscus doesn't serve breakfast so I grabbed breakfast from the resort down the beach from Hibiscus. It's walking distance if u walk along the beach. Later we are dinner at the bar on Hibiscus Beach Resort. There was a fire show at the resort. Two very talented ladies dance while twirling fire around their body. The Mosquitos tore my legs up that night! I didn't have any bug spray.
4th day-we really relaxed on this day. We were able to catch the football games on tv. There was a live band playing at the bar for dinner. They sung Anniversary to us because that's what we were celebrating. This was our last night at the resort.
Last day-the power and water to the whole resort went out about 5 am. It was off for a few hours. The room didn't get hot to me but my spouse said that he was hot but he is always hot so take it for what its worth. Once the power came back on we went to the beach for the last time. This was my first time seeing Junior since the tour and he offered to take us to the airport. I wasn't able to speak to the front desk to check out because it was closed for some reason. There's a key dropbox though. Junior took us, as promised, to the airport and on the way he explained a little bit more about the island. I really wish I could've gave him a tip but it didn't seem like he took us for that reason. Bless that man's heart.
Thoughts- Hibiscus Beach Resort is not for the picky. You really have to be down to earth, humble and open minded. If u want luxury go somewhere else. If want to be surrounded by some awesome people and can look around some of the issues Hibiscus is your place. I've been home and back to work for a little over a week and I swear I look at life differently now. Hibiscus and St. Croix as a whole has the potential to be a great tourist attraction if they had the necessary funding. I really believe in that place and I would come back just to see Junior and Jade again and to be surrounded by genuinely nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands