We went to this "resort" because we found a good deal on Living Social. After looking at their website and Trip Advisor the place appeared great, but turned out not to be as nice as advertised.
Upon our arrival at Hibiscus, we pulled into a parking lot with a giant diesel generator and made our way to the sliding window "front desk". After checking in, we went to our room (room 35) that closely resembled a motel 6 room (no offense Motel 6). It also happened to be located right in front of the volleyball court/bar. Our sliding glass door was continually hit by volleyballs. Needless to say, we were not satisfied by the room location and preceded to the "front desk" to get a room change. Although the "resort" appeared vacant, they were only able to accommodate a room change for 3 of the 4 nights we stayed.
The view was good however...
Day1: air conditioner went out
Day2: air conditioner went out & Water to entire resort stopped working & stopped accepting food/beverage voucher that came with the reservation package we purchased.
Day 3: no water again & bar owner made strong advances toward my wife
Day 4: water was out again for entire resort, had to move back to our original room which included bed bugs and sand in the sheets. The "resort" bar had a huge block party that until 4am and kept us up the entire night. Our room shook and people were yelling at each other outside our room.
If you enjoy sleepless nights, bug ridden beds, no running water, block parties, and overall dingy accommodations then this is the place for you.
Look for other accommodations immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands