“Our time at Hibiscus Beach Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Hibiscus Beach Resort
4131 La Grande Princesse | North shore, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Our time at Hibiscus Beach Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wow! We had a wonderful vacation at the hibiscus beach resort. My girlfriend and I went together to celebrate my birthday. . The rooms were accommodating. The restaurant had good food and it was right on the beach. Hi to John Jr. His island tour was the best! On my birthday I met locals had local food he took us snorkeling.. the works. Funboy and lori made us drinks at the bar everyday. Now there were some weird events..The power went out alot and I asked the owner "senior" if that was common. He was bombed when be talked to us but told us it was the island power problem and not the hotel.. but we heard talk of us being on a generator whatever.. he didn't remember us the next day.
Anyway thanx to junior and rashema and the staff. Oh hi wayne thanx for the ride. The overall vacation was worth it. We used living social and got a great deal..

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Sometime around late February early March Rhonda and I wrote a "Prereview for our at the time upcoming vacation to the Hibiscus Beach Resort. After we returned from our vacation I tried to write another review but was unable as Trip Advisor only allows one review per place every 3 months.. Well, life happens as you all know and I'm about 3 months late on writing this review. I apologize and hope my lack of a response didn't reflect poorly on Hibiscus.

When Rhonda and I were planning our vacation and trying to find the right place, we came across the Hibiscus Resort on Trip Advisor. The pictures looked absolutely beautiful but some of the reviews caught me off-guard. I couldn't believe that people would complain about things like seeing an "ant" or people making noise at the bar late into the night, this is a vacation right??

Some of the other complaints spoke of the over-all upkeep of the resort and I had some concern with some of the reviews. In the end though, we chose to go and see for ourselves and I'm so glad we did. Here are a few points that I think will be helpful for you in making your decision on where to stay..

1. Poor Reviews

I don't like to pass judgment on others but I can't begin to imagine what some of these people were seeing that they felt compelled to write out a hurtful review. The only thing that makes any sense at all is that these people are miserable where ever they go.

2. Upkeep

This is not a brand new resort but is well maintained. The tarps people spoke of aren’t the tarps you would normally think of. They looked like covers to protect the roof from the sea water and weather and from the other resorts on the island, Hibiscus is by far the closest to the water.
The room we stayed in was awesome to say the least and very clean! Of Rhonda’s two businesses, one is a cleaning business and our room lived up to her standards which are tough to say the least. Lol

3. Staff

The staff was one of the best things about the resort. Very friendly and always willing to go out of their way to satisfy any needs. Danny was by far our favorite. He’s a bar manager and one of those people who can surprise you every day with something new. We even went out a couple times with him around the island and had a great time.
The owners, Mark and Junior, were very helpful and took part in everything there. They made us feel welcome. On one occasion Rhonda and I were running late for a Buck Island Tour and I didn’t have any cash on me. Junior literally gave me everything dollar on him and told me don’t worry about it, go have a good time, get it back when I can. That was just one of many things that stuck out to me.
Rhonda and I checked the island out and visited many places. It’s hard to describe the atmosphere at the Hibiscus resort, it’s one of those things you have to see in person. The staff and owners are everyday people just like us and very down to earth. They treat people like family.
I know if you’ve read this far you can probably tell that I’m damn near advocating for this resort. I want you to know this, Rhonda and I could have went anywhere in the world and stayed at any resort. Our decision was based on the kind of experience we thought we would have at Hibiscus. From some of the reviews I was kind of expecting a somewhat run down place with a lot of excitement. What we got was an older but VERY WELL maintained resort that was geared for relaxation and a nice slice of excitement. It was more than we expected.

4. Conclusion
If you’re someone who’s vacation would be ruined by seeing an ant in the Caribbean, or even hearing people enjoying their vacation late into the night (we never heard anything by the way), than I would say you should probably stay home and call your therapist ASAP.
The Hibiscus Beach Resort gave Rhonda and I memories that we will take with us for the rest of our lives, memories that I can guarantee will be better than any of the ritzy mega resorts we could’ve went to. (Less snobs too) We definitely plan on returning and have already recommended this place to our friends and family, furthermore we would like to get married there as well. And yes Danny, we’re holding you to that promise of getting your license and marrying us on the beach. Lmao

Room Tip: We seen a number of the rooms and they are all awesome
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was a great vacation - nice tropical breezes, great snorkeling and awesome beach leaving our stay very memorable. The hotel was undergoing some upgrades at the time but it was not a problem. Rooms were comfortable and clean with the service personnel VERY helpful and kind at every step of the stay.

Room Tip: Every room has a beautiful view of the ocean, but I preferred the rooms on the bottom floor due to t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rock Island, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter's graduation gift was a huge gift for me! The view from our room was breathtaking! Only steps to the beach! Friendly help for whatever we asked for, and the room was kept immaculately clean! The bed was perfect. The weather was perfect. Oh, and my daughter loved it, too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IslandGroove, General Manager at Hibiscus Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your warm review. What a nice daughter! I’m very happy that you found some Mother-Daughter bonding time and that you left relaxed. We appreciate you taking the time to share. Smiles and thanks! Marc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and had a blast here. With 5 kids we needed a vacation away. The staff was awesome, the beach was relaxing and the food was excellent. Try the coconut Rum French Toast, it's amazing. Tell Lori at the bar Jeff and Cassandra said hi.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found respite and relief from everyday life back home. Although I understand the need to get away from the kids every now and then, we’d love to have you back with your kids next time. We will be sure and print this for Lori. Thanks again.
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came to the Hibiscus on the Groupon and all in all you can't beat it for the money. However, the staff are anything but knowledgeable and only one front desk girl was friendly. We got engaged here and they told my fiance we couldn't have wine delivered or any kind of room service, even though all over the hotel has advertisements for their room service. The view is the best part. It's right on the water but this side of the island is very windy and has rough water. The water in front of the hotel has a lot of seaweed in it but farther down isn't so bad. The other side of the island is amazing. It isn't the cleanest or anything but like I said before, for $300 for 4 nights you can't beat it...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you felt the visit was a good value. You are correct that we do not currently offer room service, but we do have a special offering, our Champagne, Fruit & Cheese Platters, which we do actually deliver to the room. We do have that posted on 2 bulletin boards but don’t advertise any other room service items. But I do think they should have arranged something for you for this request, so we’ll bring it to their attention for the future. Thanks again, we appreciate you and congratulations.
west milford, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights - we got a Groupon deal and it was wonderful. The people there were so friendly and helpful. It is like a "mom and pop" place - not a huge resort. We're used to staying in RCI places and this was totally different. Every day our bed was made and we got fresh towels. We stayed in a first floor room (room 1) and we would open the patio door and there was the beach. It was amazing. Rashema in the office was incredibly helpful and sweet. The waitresses in the restaurant were so nice, Toni, at night was hysterical, loved her. Danny was always checking up on us to make sure we had everything we needed. The beach was amazing. Everything was clean, the food was great. The whole place was a little out of the way - we only rented a car for one day - we should have gotten one for the whole trip since you're off the beaten track here. Highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: First floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. I’m glad your visit was wonderful. I’ll be sure that the employees mentioned receive a copy of this. We do appreciate our staff and are so happy when we know they have made a positive impact. Thank you for your review and for your recommendation.

Been to Hibiscus Beach Resort? Share your experiences!