Unfortunately we had to leave this place! For days Ive been rehearsing in my head all the things that i have to say about the Hibiscus, but i feel like there's nothing that i could say to truly describe how happy we are that we came!
First let me start off and say this, prior to us going, i would read the good and bad reviews about the Hibiscus resort. Although i was really excited, i was really hoping that we wouldn't run into the "problems" that other people complained about. My opinion NOW is that, you cant go off of what people say, i feel like half of the negative reviews were either A) False or B) people who just love to nit pick at the small stuff! Of coarse i could say how there were bumps and scratches here and there, but the overall quality of not only the room itself, but the employees, exceeded our expectations! We came to relax and have a GREAT time, not to complain about how "dated" the bathroom is or how old the tv's were. WHO CARESSS?? There's so much that this places offers that you forget about the small stuff!
We stayed at the Hibiscus resort for 7 days, this was my first "Caribbean" vacation and my first vacation with my boyfriend. We didn't know what to expect, but we were treated by the staff as if we've known them for years and years! I mean these people go out their way to make sure that you are having a good time! MARSHA and RASHEEMA at the front desk are the sweetest women i have ever met. They are the type of people who seem like no matter what you do, they would never get upset! LOL Anything you need, they'll make sure it happens!
We enjoyed our time at the bar where we were treated to good drinks and yummy food. I will say that food on this island inst cheap, an average meal ran us $35 a meal. "FUNBOY" makes the BESTTT pina coladas!! The other bartenders were just as nice! Each night at the bar was filled with friendly people, and most of the time live music. We NEVER had noise problems and our building was attached to the restaurant/bar. The best night is "Taco Tuesdays" $10 all u can eat tacos made however you want! The breakfast is amazing! You have to get Miss Aggies coconut french toast. My boyfriend loved the "salt-fish" omelet and home fries! "POW" (?) was so funny and nice, he told us great stories about life in st.croix and convinced us that maybe we should move there one day LOL
The view from our room was AMAZING! i didn't see any other hotel on the island that had such a view. We had a balcony room (much recommended). The breeze is awesome and goes 24/7. We were never "uncomfortably" hot. Our air conditioner worked fine, our room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and mopped floors everyday! The beach was nice although some places were a little rocky, we were told by many that that beach was great for snorkeling, must try next time!
Lastly, i spent my birthday in st.croix, and it was the best birthday i have ever had! DANNY and JOHN JR. does a tour around the island to places like the cruzan rum factory, the rainforest to see the "beer drinking pigs", Rainbow beach (the best beach on the island), etc. They took us to see some great sights and took some wonderful pictures! Also they feed you the BESTTTTT rotisserie/smoked chicken from "La Reina" . These guys are so fun and i wouldn't have spent this day any other way!
Leaving this place was so hard! It isn't even a question on whether or not we will be back next year! Maybe even staying longer! I cant wait! See you guys soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands