We stayed at Hibiscus in April-May 2012 and, one year later, still say it was GREAT!
We are light packers who want to experience the native CHARACTER of where we are on each trip. Hibiscus definitely represented the overall vibe of St Croix: everyone at the hotel, from the reservationist to the maintenance man to the owners, were FRIENDLY.
The rooms were basic, but certainly CLEAN and had more amenities than needed or expected for a beach vacation.
We ate breakfast at H2O every morning -- the continental was substantial, COCONUT french toast off the menu was absolutely yummy (and, if we happened to eat at the same time as the owner, he shared his own fresh fruit from the farmer's market. such a treat!).
We rented a small car and explored the entire island, jumping in to test the waters here and there (as all of the beach in St Croix is public access). Jake's Bay was hands-down the greatest place on earth. But snorkeling right in front of the hotel was great too (clear and diverse!) You can easily spend a full day walking (to the right), swimming, and snorkeling without leaving the hotel.
To get to the resort you do have to drive into a neighborhood (one small street), which may be out of your comfort zone and make you feel nervous. But it is a lovely neighborhood -- a school with a community mural I wish I had photographed, a few islandesque homes that are small, quiet, and well-kempt, and a brand new gas station -- it is SAFE. And yes, there was some seaweed...at the BEACH! And yes, there was some wind...at the BEACH!
If you are looking to experience St Croix -- go outside and explore, soak up the sun, relax on the porch or in the hammock between the palm trees -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you want to stay inside, go to McDonald's, play golf, have the same vacation everywhere you go, please don't stay here and then blame your experience on the resort. We truly had a amazing, fabulous vacation. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay three more days!
PS: FYI, I checked 5 stars for room service, but there isn't room service; that was an error and there isn't a way to uncheck it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands