This hotel(not a real resort) has a great beach and a wonderful view! So it is a real shame that the current owner has let this place slip into a slum hotel. When I booked this room I asked for the best room with the best view in the place. If this was the best, I don't even want to see the rest. Also we were suppose to get a coupon/voucher for $10 towards breakfast every morning. When we checked in they claimed that that was just a groupon and it had expired. But it was still on their website. This amounted to a lot of money considering that breakfast was $12 for three burnt pancakes (Juice and coffee was another$6) and terrible service. The bathroom shower was full of mold & mildew in the grout. The toilet was stained beyond cleaning and it ran almost constantly! If the sound of the surf hadn't drown out this noise I would have to have moved to another hotel and eaten the cost. Which wasn't cheep. The glass in the bathroom window was also broken, the faucet was so corroded with lime that it took 10 minutes to run a sink full of water. There was a large hole for a drain in the shower and the strainer was just laid on top so it moved every time you stepped on it. (dangerous for kids & older people) All of the furniture and lamps were beat up and chipped. The ottoman was ripped. the chair was dirty. The sliding glass door would not lock, you had to insert an old broom handle behind the door as a means of security. The lock on the entry door wouldn't work half of the time and it stuck the rest of the time. The mini fridge had noise all day and night. We could see daylight through the roof and it was covered by a tarp. (all of the roofs were) The roof top banged in the wind to keep time with the fridge noises and the running of the toilet. And if that wasn't enough to keep you from sleeping there was a security light hanging limply from a tree and it shined in the window all night. The internet did not work anywhere but in the cafe/bar area. And it was super slow there. Also on the list of not working was the coffee maker, ice machine and several plug-ins in the room. I am sure the manager will respond with a reply that claims he was unaware of these things, but in truth the ice truck delivered ice to the bar & cafe twice a week. And the girls in the office admitted that the breakfast "deal" was over a long time ago. It was removed from the website the next day when I complained, but nothing was done to provide any kind of breakfast, so I did not bother to complain further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands