I went to the Hibiscus in December 2012 to attend a wedding. I had already read the reviews about how bad it was but I figured ehh what the heck, I'm on a budget! For the most part, the Hibiscus is NOT the best resort, not the cleanest and not the most relaxing. I must say there are more negatives about this place then positives. The staff are super friendly and that is what makes you forget about all the things you complained about earlier that day. The bar/restaurant area was the best place to be if you wanted to have a good time and get good drinks. I dreaded spending too much time in my room because of that "icky" feeling of tiny bugs and roaches crawling around. The sheets were not that clean and neither were the towels. I did not have hot water the first 2 days which was the least of our worries compared to finding a big ROACH crawling on my forehead!! I was officially disgusted after that but luckily it was the morning we were heading back home. It is clear that this place has not been renovated in YEARS and I think if they finally decide to renovate it then the place will get a much better rating. Overall, I had a fun time in St. Croix but I wish I had I went to a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands