just looking back at the Hibiscus. we stayed there this week last year so some things may have changed there. I was somewhat surprised at all the recent negative reviews. we had a wonderful time there. the price was incredible for a carribean oceanfront room. about $100 a night, are you kidding?? we stayed in the building beside the volleyball court in the last room on the bottom. there was a strong breeze all day and night and we never closed the sliding glass doors at night and never heard the bar noise. but then again we were in the bar til late many nights.
the room was like a regular motel room. nothing fancy. but who cares. if you want to spend a lot of money to stay in a resort room, do so. there is nothing between you and the water but about 30 feet of white sand and coconut trees. we slept in our room, got out first thing every morning and spent the entire day on the beach, in the bar, or on an excursion. who cares if the water pressure is not great or if you see a bug? you are in paradise, enjoy it.
we sat on the beach every day except a couple of trips to christianstad and frederickstad (sp?). the beach is beautiful. we did not see any trash whatsoever just some seaweed. yes there are some rocks in the water but that is common on lots of beaches in the carribean.
Danny the bartender is GREAT. good guy who will treat you right. we got buckets of 5-6 bud lights every day for $10 to take to the beach. not sure if that is still available at that price but how great is that in the carribean??? his pina colads are to die for. absolutely great.
I have been to the carribean many times and I have always found this to be true. People really appreciate it if you tip well. They will treat you well.
I was also confused by the food complaints. when we went the cheeseburgers for lunch were fantastic. breakfast was a continental or you could order from a menu. both were very good. we ate supper several nights and the food was great. we ate one night at the resort next door, the food was overpriced and it felt like we were eating in any chain restaurant in the US. never went back.
the girl at the front desk (i can't remember her name) was sweet and nice and always helpful. All in all we loved it there. The way we rate places is if we would return. and the answer for the hibiscus is yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Hibiscus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands