My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hibiscus. Albeit not fancy, the rooms are clean and you have everything you would need including a fridge and coffee maker. Breakfast was served quickly and was inexpensive, some nights dinner was slow and a bit over priced but there was always something caught fresh on the menu and they accept credit cards. One of the pluses aside from the fact that you are direct beach front is that you can walk to the neighboring resort and walk to a small convenience store for sundries etc.. We did not rent a car and we were pleased to have these other options. Some nights karaoke and bar noise was a bit loud but also part of the ambiance. It was pleasant to see the same faces everyday, it's a very small resort and if you'd like, you could certainly make friends, though most people seemed very respectful of privacy a well. Taking a hotel operated tour was inexpensive and offered great snorkeling and a bit of a wild truck ride through the island rain forest. It's a nice and easy option should you peel yourself away from the beach or your book. I wouldn't hesitate to come back here if I wanted a very low key and inexpensive getaway. Christiansted is also a mere ten dollar taxi ride away if you need more dining options or souvenirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Beach Resort is a casual and comfortable oceanfront boutique hotel comprised of 38 beachfront rooms in 6 freestanding buildings, set among lush native foliage and sweeping palms. Located on secluded and picturesque Pelican Cove Beach, just 3 miles from quaint historic downtown Christiansted and tourist shopping and just 15 minutes from the island’s main airport.Property amenities at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Freshwater Swimming Pool, Complimentary Pool and Beach Chaise Lounges, Complimentary Pool and Beach Towels, Complimentary Snorkel Equipment, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Beach Hammocks, Beach Volleyball, Daily Maid Service, Lending Library, Free Parking, On-site SecurityGuest Rooms at Hibiscus Beach Resort include Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Terrace or Balcony with lounge furniture, Bathroom amenities (shampoos, lotions), Iron/Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee, creamer and sugar, Alarm Clock, Telephone (most rooms), Cable TV, and also include a Mini-Fridge.Hibiscus Beach Resort is located in Christiansted, St Croix, approximately 8 miles or 15 minutes from the island’s main airport, and approximately 3 miles from the old historic and tourist district of Christiansted. The North shore proximity of Hibiscus Beach Resort just minutes from both the airport and downtown Christiansted provide easy access to island destinations. The Eastern-facing direction of our property also affords stunning island and coastal views, as well as the near-constant Caribbean trade winds. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Hotel Hibiscus Beach
- Hibiscus Beach Christiansted
- Hibiscus Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands