“CRUZAN VACATION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
new york
“CRUZAN VACATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Divi has spacious rooms and very quiet...not gamblers...but the casino is nice...I would definitely go back because it was great for the kids water sports ...we have stayed at this property on many many occassions....so we cannot complain.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms outside of the pool area....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your trip. We review all comments and compliments and share them with our staff for our continued growth in this industry. It is feedback like this that helps us to enhance our skills and hospitality. It also gives us the opportunity to tell our team that they are doing a good job.

Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I just returned from our week at Divi Carina Bay, we really hated to leave! The wonderful staff made us feel at home while we were there and we felt like we were leaving family behind when we left. The staff was smiling and helpful all the time and they are truly first rate. The food was great and the activities were always fun. There was plenty to do but no pressure to do anything. If you need to relax, this is the place for you to do it. Every room has a beautiful ocean view and a patio or balcony to enjoy it from. The pool is large and clean and the rooms are great. I can't think of a better place to vacation, it's much nicer than Hawaii.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms step right out to the beach
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to share a review of your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the time you shared with us and that you were able to take away fond memories of your trip. With such lovely people to share our home and culture with, how could you not leave here feeling as much a part of the Divi Family as we do.

Thanks again for sharing!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great hotel, rooms were spacious, clean and the staff were very helpful and attentive to everything we needed. Majority of employees who work here are from the island. They had great tips and recommendations of how to spend our time here. Dinner varies from evening to evening and we never felt bored with the menu. This resort is laid back, the people are laid back and you truly feel like you are on vacation. No pressure, just going with the flow. The pool was clean and the beach was about 40 feet away from our room. The view from our room was excellent. At night before we went to bed we had a balcony and saw the stars clearly. If you come to here with the wrong attitude and to nitpick you can talk about the seaweed on the beach, outdated rooms, but overall the good outweigh the bad and it's a great resort. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your stay with us. It was our pleasure to host such a lovely couple. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take away fond memories of the time you shared with other guests as well as the Carina Bay Family. We share all reviews with our staff as an encouragement to keep up the good work or to improve on service levels. So we appreciate all of your wonderful comments.

Thanks again for sharing!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel is well maintained (clean but outdated) and the food choices and quality is excellent... The staff however, is not all friendly and they are not outgoing or eager to please the guest. Some of the front desk staff and gift shop staff (Marjo) were excellent and very helpful. The pool is well kept, the beach is nice to sit at, however, there is a lot of seaweed and the water sports (kayak, snorkeling, etc.) a bit tough as the currents are present.

One thing we found out the hard way is that the hotel runs on it's power source. On our last morning, the power went out and it was hours before it was restored. Sadly, I don't know when it was restored as we left at 6 am for the airport... I woke up at 2 am when it went out so I know it was out for at least 4 hrs. Not having power affected the water supply and the hotel had no emergency lights and or options to illuminate hallways, rooms, etc. creating a dangerous setting and unpleasant environment trying to get ready for a flight. I asked for a flashlight and it was not working properly. This was a bit of a concern for me as there was not a plan from the hotel. I doubt we will be back to this property but for an all inclusive experience, you almost have no choice if you want to be in St. Croix.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the sea...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to share a review with us. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during the power outage. We also thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked through this matter. We know you have a choice in staying with us and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

It is feedback like this that lets us know that while we are on the right track, there are some areas that could use some improvements. We take all comments and compliments seriously and share them with our staff. Marjo and the Front Desk team will be delighted to learn that you enjoyed their hospitality.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Back for our 3rd year in a row, it was as pleasant this time as it was on our 1st and 2nd visits. The staff is always friendly, it's very easy to start a conversation with anyone who works there. Many of the staff we recognized from our previous visits, and it's always nice to see a familiar face. Wanda on the front desk is very helpful if you have any questions or concerns. The resort is not the newest but it is clean and if you have a problem in your room, they look into it immediately. When we found the bathroom sink in our room had a leak we went to the front desk to report it and before we could get back to our room there was a maintenance man working on it already! It's a laid back atmosphere, perfect to savor the island breeze and just unwind. Rent a car as it is on the east end of St. Croix and a bit of a distance from Christiansted, also you can take the snorkel equipment (if you're all inclusive) to one of the many other beaches on the island. Off the Divi beach you will see various species of fish, stingrays and starfish. The beach does accumulate seaweed as it is on the south side of the island with the current washing into the beach, however the staff cleans it up each day in the early morning hours before guests are up. The restaurant food is always delicious with different themes each day, and the hostess comes around at breakfast to greet everyone and make sure everything is to your liking. There's a pizza "hut" (not the restaurant chain) on property that offers cocktails, specialty pizzas and a small menu if you have the munchies. If you get hungry after the restaurants have closed the Divi Casino across the street offers food during operation hours. At the resort, there is various nighttime entertainment suitable for all ages including families with small children. Entertainment is also offered at the resorts' casino. We've never had any problems with having reservations made for us, attitude from the staff, poor housekeeping or lax service. A few families with children were there on our last visit and I didn't hear any negative remarks about anything from them. If you want to relax and enjoy "island time" this is the place. If you want to party like there's no tomorrow and be pampered, you're in the wrong place. I'm sure we'll be going back for a 4th visit.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have doors directly to the beach but they also have people walking by them. We p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing a review of your trip. It's always a pleasure to have return guests. Reconnecting with friends every year and creating new memories is why we try to personalize every visit. This being your 3rd visit and already planning a 4th really says a lot about the friendships you've made over the years.

Thanks again for sharing your glowing remarks.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Thank you for reviewing Divi Carina Bay Resort & Casino
EditShare
Divi Carina Bay Resort & Casino
Hated it
Let me begin by stating that I do understand off season and what that means to a resort. Not to mention I understand the economy now in St Croix. However with that being said I had one of the most horrible vacations I could remember. And mind you this was on the end of a 14 day vacation for me which started in Atlantic City NJ, then off to Ocean City MD, with my final destination being St. Croix. And its sad to say this was the worst beach I visited in this time frame. At the Divi St. Croix coral reef/seaweed washed upon the beach and made it disgusting. After complaining to Andreas the hotel manager nothing was done. Oh I should mention that they had a diesel fueled machine on the beach every morning which seemingly was picking up the debris only to back the machine up and re deposit the debris back into the ocean. Cant see how that was cost affected or relevant because by the end of the day it was right back washing up on the beach, not only unappealing but unusable. However that wasn't the worst part of my stay. The Divi St. Croix being one of the only all inclusive hotels on the island should treat their guest with more respect. My trip began with me being shoved aside with barely my all inclusive band. Once my credit card was taken for the all inclusive fee of 2,170 plus 50.00 deposit I was dismissed so a white guest could be checked in. I wasn't told about the orientation which would give me info of my all inclusive package but i wasn't even told something as simple as I was to receive and use a towel card to get and return pool towels to be used on the facility. One of the things Divi St. Croix does is give away beach bags I found that out because I asked another guest where they got theirs cause I didn't see them in the gift shop. Speaking of the gift shop that serves as the concierge desk was also disturbing. They couldn't even be to bothered to register me for an on-sight event. I understand the reservations are required because these events are open to the public at cost. However what i didn't understand is why at 9 am when i called to do so I'm told I don't even have my paperwork yet so you must call again. Breakfast was soon to be over you would think the business office would be ready for work as well. "Island Time". The service was something else that needs attention, one day I sat at a table for 15 maybe 20 minutes waiting to have my order taken for lunch. When we tried getting a wait staff we were told to relax we were on island time. Ok we got that and began a patient campaign however when on another day we order food and drinks the food arrived before the drinks and when asked about the drinks upon receiving our order it took another 20 minutes to get 2 ginger ale can sodas which of course by then my food was cold because I had planned on taking the food to my room. The food was bagged and all but it still took 20 minutes to get the drinks. Final insult no cutlery was in my bag which meant I had to walk all the way back dockside to get forks so we would attempt to eat the soggy nachos, cold mozzarella sticks and a philly cheese steak. Yes some things were able to be salvaged because we had a microwave, but waiting and watching us be passed by while they fell all over the Caucasian guests was unacceptable. As I stated before I understand the off season and I understand nothing will ever be perfect but what I don't understand is that you have managers on site that only placate people your facility is doomed. I personally will never return and I know for sure at least 5 other guest I spoke with while on the resort wont either. How said is it that guests bonded with one another over how poorly we were being treated. For me I will chuck it off to a bad vacation, however when you have individuals such as Marsha, whom I met who has bone cancer and was given a year to live wont have the opportunity to relive an island experience, not to mention the married couple that arrived the day before my departure on their honeymoon. Those things you can't get back. One cannot redo those memories especially if its your bucket list your trying to fulfill. My hope is just that she has another opportunity to fulfill what she didn't get at your facility. I'm not sure especially if Andreas is any representation of what management management thinks about guests complaints and what they're willing to do. But this will be my RCI review as well as my Trip Advisor review. Which will include photos, which it is my hope to deter from your St. Croix facility. Thank you for your time and attention in this matter. Sincerely, Unhappy Divi St. Croix Guest (7/19-7/26))

Room Tip: WIFI you can only get in the lobby and once they get your $2170 all inclusive fee you will be lucky...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your stay. We are surprised to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay; especially since we were under the impression that you had a great time here. We aren’t sure how you can say that the stay neglected you when some members of our staff brought you fruits from their trees at home and loaned you their cellphone to make a call that you wanted to make during karaoke night. We treat each of our guests with respect and many of members of our staff create lasting friendships with guests regardless of race, preference, or any other factor. We are sorry to hear that you felt as though there way any type of discrimination against you. The bride and groom have already posted a review so they speak for themselves. Marsha and her sisters left telling us that they would be back and they enjoyed their visit. They voiced their concerns about the seaweed and we were able to explain to them that we are working on the beach cleanup but there was nothing that we could really do to prevent the seaweed from drifting unto our shores. This seaweed does not come from the beach here in St. Croix. In fact, it comes from the Sargasso Sea near Bermuda. We explain this to all of our guests that inquire about the seaweed and apologize if this was not clear in our communications.

We do cleanup our beach from the seaweed as best as we can despite what you are saying in your review. Because the seaweed is coming to shore via long distance, there is no way we could tell how much or how little we will have. We also cannot ascertain how many times per day we would need to clean the beach and do not want to interrupt the guests who are enjoying the sandy areas by driving a beach cleaner between them. While it may appear that we are depositing the seaweed into the ocean, please be assured that this is not what was taking place. Certain areas of the beach are harder to clean than others and so we have created a system to get to those areas using the wave motion of the ocean. This pushes the seaweed back out so that it could land on shore in a more reachable position.

Anyone around property would be happy to assist you with a concern or at least point you in the direction of where your concern can be addressed. We apologize if things did not seem to go as you would have liked it to go but we were under the impression that you were having a great vacation. We hope that you and Sharon were able to take away fond memories of the times you shared while here.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our hotel view and the food was amazing! The rooms definitely need some serious updating!! The night time entertainment was nice. Limited beach access due to the amount of sea weed that continuously washes up on the shore. Other than the Casino and miniature golf course, there is no other entertainment close to the hotel. They did have night entertainment like Karaoke, Crab races, and the Fire Show. I was disappointed with the thin bath towels and out dated bedding. I was just hoping for more for my honey moon. Great shopping in town though!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea side view. The best is the one over the pool area!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear that despite certain aspects you enjoyed our time together and that you found our food, island and culture to be delightful.

We are sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your trip. We share every comment and compliment with our entire staff . It is feedback like this that helps us to improve on our standard of service.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Manager on Duty

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!