I have never written a review before but I had to warn others....I'm just getting back from my family vacation and will never return to this resort or recommend this resort to an enemy. You pay good money and you expect to receive what you pay for. Check-in was smooth you get a Divi tote bag as well. Then you're asked if you need the bellboy to bring your luggage to your room...(which is on the third floor with the elevator being on the opposite side of the resort). That alone should have been an indicator of the quality to expect. The room was typical except for the shark eaten shower curtain with mold. Another warning was several signs in the room to lock your screen door (there was no lock) but to also use the bar (not at actual bar but a latch) which was present. Also to use the in room safe for your protection. I right away felt unsafe. Thank god nothing serious happened. However, I still can't find my daughters pj set. Breakfast was poor and of small variety. The beach was small poorly kept. The activities on the resort....there were barley any. The afternoon we arrived there was a crab race but as far engaging the guest with activities; that didn't happen. The resort does have a mini golf course, live size chess, and shuffle board. But as far as engaging the guest for fun activities; not happening. Nightlife is dead. The only live nite was the Thursday night with some native dancers and stilt walkers ( but they too could use some revamping). Otherwise light jazz, soca and r&b for an hour or so on a daily nite; which shuts down by 10 or 11pm. A 67 year old grandmother was disappointed with the night life.
The real problem is the infestation of roaches. The Starlite Grill has a problem and the Dockside Restaurant. Roaches not the water bugs were ramped. There were three families of roaches crawling on the floors. I asked to be move outside on the balcony as to this place being the only option for food that night. And refused to sit inside again; being that this is the only one of two options for food( besides pizza) and the only place for breakfast. I spoke with the manager about it and he assured me that the problem would be taking care of. However, later on that night I saw only one roach in the same area. And another guess I saw had a roach crawling on her table as she ate her dessert. The Dockside has water bugs and roaches. I killed a baby roach on my table as I ate lunch. Baby ants were also an issue in my drinks. Yes. Drinks. There others days drinks weren't an issue but this nite with the irony of it being our last nite. My daughter and I had ants in our fruit punch/rum punch twice. We sent back the first drinks and the replacement drinks still had ants. I was completely done with eating here after this, luckily it was our last staying night here. I did speak to the manager on duty that night and yes she gave her apologies
but something's are just not acceptable. And did not want to eat or drink anything there again. The kids pool is filthy with dead bugs and debri. There are other things in the resort that are run-down and could use a makeover (HGTV).
The only good thing was the views; the scenery; the tranquil ocean sounds; and sunsets. The weather was great. A few minor rain drops. And if your into scuba, paddle boarding and snorkeling this is your place. The Casino was ok. Be prepared to take taxi's into town for any shopping.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.