“Beautiful! Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
South Florida, Florida
“Beautiful! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a wonderful experience. I worked in the hospitality industry at Four Star resorts for almost 10 years and have high expectations for hotels. Divi meet my high expectations.We went for our friends wedding, which was perfect! The reception was great! The rooms were clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable. The balcony view was breathtaking! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Scott, Marlen, E.C, David and Sean were awesome! We had a great time on the snorkeling tour with Sean. While snorkeling, we saw queen conchs, eagle rays, lobsters, starfish, and various colorful fish. The food was good, great drinks. The hotel did a nice job of keeping you entertained at night, great DJ, awesome band. I would recommend taking a cab into the quaint, historic town of Christiansted. We would highly recommend the Divi! Beautiful! Paradise!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor amazing, beautiful views. Every-room has great views though.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you ever so much for sharing your review of the time that you spent with us. That the hospitality, location and entertainment of our property were the things that really added a spectacular bonus to your visit is the reason we try to bring in various experiences.

Thank you for sharing your experience and letting others know your thoughts on Carina Bay. Thanks again for the review. See you again soon!

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This trip was all I dreamed it would be.It was quiet,relaxing and tranquil during the day,never a wait or fight for a good spot on the beach.The rooms were immaculate with a breathtaking ocean view,food was absolutely delicious.Everyone was exceptionally nice and pleasant to us from beginning to end.My girl Tateisha always made sure we had what we needed,Sean was terrific at teaching us how to paddle board,we had so much fun w him!pizza night was a blast,tasted good and the d.J had us dancing in the rain!I'm in love with St.X,the divi experience was wonderful!thanks to u all.peace 'till next time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing a review of your vacation to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Resort. We are pleased that you found our locations, property and staff to be all that you thought your stay would be. Cartesha and Sean, as well as all of the other staff members, would definitely be thrilled to read that they made a difference to your stay.

Thanks again for posting a review! We hope you return to Divi Carina Bay within the not too distant future.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

From the minute we arrived at Divi Crina Bay, it was an awesome experience! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was super helpful and couldn't do enough for us! From the waiters and waitresses (Abel, Maurice, Eustacia, Corolla, and James), to the bar tenders (Curt, Scott, and Krys) and managerial staff (E.C and Tyrone), everyone was awesome and super super nice/curteous! The resort was clean and the drinks and food were amazing! Also, I unfortunately didn't get the names of the guys in the activities area but one of them gave my husband and I the most amazing paddle boarding lesson; he even went out on the water with us! We then paddle boarded a few times after and were pro's (hehe) after a few days. And I HIGHLY reccommend going on the snorkel/tour of Buck Island (off the resort unfortunately)....it was the most amazing island I have ever encountered. This place was absolute paradise! And since we went in mid June (their offseason apparently?) it was like our own private oasis! We definitely plant to return. Thanks for everything Divi Staff!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the beach front room for the small upgrade charge....it is waaay worth it when...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the gushing remarks on your stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hospitality of several of our staff. Buck Island is certainly high on the “Things to Do” list while you are on island and we are glad to hear that you were able to experience its beauty.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on your vacation with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visiting the Divi with the Bays family was awesome this year! Everyone was so nice and it was a very relaxing trip. Every day we had great food that was served to us with ice cold drinks right by the beach! Marlon being our lunch server was awesome! Everyone was amazing and I will definitely be back soon! Thanks for everything the staff did for us on our wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing a review of the time you spent with us! We're happy to hear that you visited with the Bays Family and that you were able to find our staff and property to be everything you imagined it to be.

We hope that Ms. Bays is feeling and continues to feel well! Tell her hello for us. Thanks again for your review! We can't wait to share in another of your family vacations!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I recently spent five nights at the Divi - May 27th through June 1st, 2013. I read a lot of the reviews on here about the Divi before we went, and I will admit that I was a little worried because some of them seemed to be so negative. But, we are pretty "low maintenance" people, and the deal we got was great, so we gave it a go!

We wanted a quiet, laid back, chill out, rest and relaxation vacation and that is exactly what we got! I was looking for a place to throw on my bathing suit, lay on the beach and read a good book. My husband needs some activities, so he enjoyed the paddleboarding and kayaks. The Divi is NOT a five star resort, so if that's what you are looking for - I recommend that you get your wallet out and pay for that elsewhere. For what we paid for this trip, we were very happy with it. It was what I expected it to be. St. Croix is great if you want to chill. To me, this is what an island get away is all about. I don't want fancy, I don't want uptight, I don't want to wear my new hight heels, put on makeup everyday, or worry about anything. I want sand on my feet, messy, wind blown hair, and peace and quiet.

The Divi is an older, smaller place, a little rough around the edges but it is not the dump that some of these people would like you to think it is. We found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. Our room was not fancy (All Inclusive Deluxe Beachfront Room) but it was clean and bright, and the housekeeping staff kept it cleaned nicely everyday. The room was on the second floor, near the pier, away from the pool area. It had white tile floors and we had a kingsized bed with a rattan sofa and chair, laminate desk, dresser and closet. There was a little kitchenette with sink, small fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. We had coffee in our room each morning and they replenished the supplies each day. The bathroom was clean but older - your standard formica countertops, etc. I have ONE complaint - there is no exhuast fan in the bathroom, so unless you leave the door open for the AC to help, it gets very hot and sticky in there after a shower.

Personally, we enjoyed the food and the drinks. You could eat the buffet food for breakfast and lunch, or order something if you wanted. We did both, and we thought the food was good. I was never once hungry the whole time I was there! We chose to eat our evening meals a little later than most. We made our reservations for about 7:30 or 8:00 each night and did not ONCE wait for a table or service. There was plenty of food each night, and they offered a variety for the dinner buffets. The Rok dinner is good, Italian night was good, the Carribean buffet with the grilled meats was also very good. I discovered that I am a fan of fried plantains! (yum) The Pizza at the pizza shack was great! Again, this is not going to please those who want 5 star restaurant fare, filet mignon, or etc.. I personally think it's unfair of people to expect "fancy shmancy" at these prices and then trash the place online. It is what it is! There were a few times when it got busy at the bar and the wait for a drink was longer than usual. But the bartenders where BUSY sometimes and you have to wait your turn! Chill out!

That said, I did talk to someone that told me about the power outage, etc - which happened apparently the few days before we arrived. I admit that if we had experienced that, I would have been upset because it was, after all, our vacation and that would have been awful to go through. But, we personally did not experience any power issues and our air conditioning worked well, etc. I'm sure that the power issue is not the norm, or there would have been more comments on here about that. I will tell you that I talked with a woman who was staying at the Hotel on The Cay and SHE told me that they had constant power issues and the air conditioning in their room never worked right. So, I wonder if it's more of an island/ St. Croix issue? Because guess what - it IS an island in the Carribean. To me, it should not be "just like home". It's a place I go to let my hair down, relax, and just chill out.

The location of the Divi is great. This is not a pristine beach - it is rocky and sea grass, etc. The resident pelicans are fun to watch as they dive in to get fish. But it's quiet, and the ocean and surrounding hillsides is gorgeous. The pool at the Divi is really right by the beach - two steps down and you are on the beach. I'm not a big ocean swimmer, so it was great for me. We could lay on the beach under a thatch umbrella and just rinse off the sand in the provided shower/ faucet and take a dip in the pool. There were always plenty of lounge chairs on the beach and by the pool and plenty of clean beach towels available.

We played miniature golf one night, went to the Casino two times (the drinks are REAL good (stonger) at the Casino!!), and drove into Christenstad and had lunch on the pier and did some shopping one day for a few hours. The Mocko Jumbies and Quadrille dancer's at the Divi on Carribean night were great. They had Karaoke one night at the Divi too. For us this was enough. If you are looking for a great place for lot's of wild night life - this is not the place for you. We found St. Croix refreshingly "dull" and we LOVED it!

The WiFi just never worked good for me on my iPod. The hotel did, however have a laptop in the lobby that I was able to use for checking my personal e-mail a couple of times. My Verizon cell phone did not work. But - none of this really mattered. Everything that did matter was good -the picturesque location, the relaxation, the peace and quiet, the warm, relaxing ocean breeze and the laid back, slower island vibe. The day we left, the girl at the front desk said to me "I love working here!" To me, that just says it all! I would definately return to the Divi Carina Bay Resort and Casino on St. Croix! If you can Chill out - you should give it a try!

Room Tip: I followed a tip that I saw on here and was happy: Request the West Wing away from the pool area, an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a delightful review of your vacation to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the island to be exactly what you needed for your time away from home.

We enjoy knowing that our Crucian Hospitality made a positive impact on someone’s visit to St. Croix. The island offers the best of both worlds. You can relax on the beach and watch the tides roll in. Or, you can tour an island that is rich in history and culture. On the eastern side of the island we offer a much more tranquil experience with bursts of entertainment scheduled throughout the week.

Thanks again for posting a review your week with us! We are glad that you were able to kick back, relax and recharge for your regular hustle and bustle. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Don't go here!!!! The worst experience ever! Understaffed! Horrible management! Ran out of food?? How does this happen? No power! Rooms filthy! At one point waited an hour and a half for a drink and there wasn't that many people! Beach is great and views are breathtaking! Place needs a complete makeover not worth a dollar never mind $340 a night? And to top all that off they completely demolished my sisters wedding memories!!! Terrible! Terrible, terrible!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for bringing the issues of our service levels to our attention. There was a large fire within our Power Plant which created a loss of power throughout the resort. Once power was restored to some areas, we discovered little by little the extent to which power surges had damaged various appliances around property. We completely understand that this experience was not one that anyone would have liked to have while on vacation and it is certainly not one we would have liked you to have. However, as it was an unforeseeable situation all the way around, we want you to know that your observations are greatly appreciated as they help us to improve on our standards.

We understand how the level of service could negatively impact any vacation and continuously work on providing our staff with training on understanding positive customer service and applying a willingness to assist guest to the best of their ability. Most of our reviews attest of how well these trainings have made a difference in making our guests feel a part of the Divi Family. Customer Service is the most important issue that we, in the Hospitality Industry, are faced with and one that we try to tackle to the best of our ability each day. With the circumstances of the fire, we were trying to provide you with the best possible service within a not so cooperative situation.

We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced and hope you choose to return to St. Croix in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

STAY AWAY...
Let me just start by saying the only good thing about this place is the pizza place. Everything else is awful. I was there for my best friend's wedding and what a disaster. It started with no power then led to dirty rooms, no/broken A/C units, backed up toilets, ants in the rooms, broken phones, broken refrigerators, broken safes, stained linens. I could go on! The resort looks like a run down motel. Service was sooo slow. If you like to drink water or soda with your meal you can forget about it. If you like cold water after spending the day on the beach in 90 degrees and you feel dehydrated you can forget about that. They ran out of food one night we were there. The food was disgusting and the service was slow. They could care less about the issues we had. Management has been unresponsive to say the least. Did I mention service was slowwwww?????? The casino is corrupt. Good luck getting food or drinks after 10pm if you have a child with you the only available option is the corrupt casino where kids aren't allowed. During the day there was only 1 bar open and 1 bartender. online it says there are 4. There is no communication between management and staff at the motel. They continuously say things will get fixed but never follow up. If you like to workout make sure you bring noseplugs. The "so called" fitness center has 2 treadmills and 2 bikes that barely work and stinks like mildew, mold and sweat all combined. For those that like to vacation and stay connected to the real world you might enjoy the lobby of the Divi. That is the only place that wifi works on occasion. It's probably based upon the generators powering the place.
Don't waste one dime of your hard earned money vacationing here. I honestly would never go back to this place if it was free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Manager on Duty

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!