“Days and nights in paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Days and nights in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My partner Brian and I visited The Divi Carina for a romantic get away this year. Our visit was too short (11/30/12-12/4/12); however the staff made every moment enjoyable! Anna was one of our first and lasting experiences with the hotel staff. She is an amazing Chef as well. However, there were so many more memorable, welcoming and personable members in the Divi family that contributed to our amazing experience. Scott and Krys were amazing bartenders that made contributed more than libations... they brought conversation that added to the evenings. Troy was an amazing individual that showed us exactly why, through his personality, he is the Divi Service manager! And when we decided to enjoy the included activities like Kayaking, snorkeling and hikes... Shawn proved to be more than just an equipment manager. He was a great instructor, guide and went above the call of duty when I had issues with snorkeling. He made sure that I was able to enjoy the beautiful reefs and underwater wild life with my partner! Elisabeth is not to be forgotten or missed as a server that made sure all of our dining experiences were wonderful... as did Marlon (Holy Cow)!

It was beyond tempting to stay on the property the entire time; however, we did push ourselves to enjoy other parts of the island. We both would urge any one considering St. Croix to enjoy the all-inclusive package at the Divi Carina Bay Resort and make sure to enjoy all the warm and welcoming personalities and services that this property has to offer!!

Raif & Brian

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Wonderful! Simply wonderful! We’re so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your Caribbean Excursion here at Carina Bay. It truly sounds as though you caught the “pulse of the island” and took advantage of all that St. Croix and Carina Bay had to offer!

Each of the staff members mentioned recall both of you very well, and send their greetings, wanting to know when you’re coming back to the island!

Thank you once again for the great review and we’re looking forward to your return visit.

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Graniteville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just spent four nights (12/12/12 - 12/16/12) of blissful solitude with my fiancee at this wonderful spot, away from the hustle and bustle of Christiansted and Fredricksted. We had a large room literally twenty feet from the shore with spectacular views. Everyday there was delicious food which tasted freshly made. Theme nights made each dinner an adventure! The bars were always open and alcohol flowing (the bartenders are not stingy with their pours). Every employee was friendly and informative, but thanks especially to Marlon and Curt, always a smile on their faces and ready to talk! Beautiful waters with gorgeous snorkeling/scuba opportunities, gear included. We are definitely planning another trip here for a post-honeymoon...
The only real cons I can think of is they need a jacuzzi onsite.
Flat rate taxi from Airport was $25 for two people, about an hour drive - well valued.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but request one closer to the middle for optimum beach/ocean/pool views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Many thanks for the kind review of your recent stay with us, here at the Divi Carina Bay Resort! We’re thrilled to see that you’d mentioned so many individual staff members by name that indicates our efforts in improving the quality of our Customer Service have proven fruitful! We’ll make sure that all of those cited receive a copy of your review also.

We’re glad that you took the opportunity to immerse yourself in all that the Divi and St. Croix had to offer and judging from the last line of your review, you truly understand the concept of Caribbean Travel and I’m assured that we’ll see you once again, very soon! Thank you so much!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Divi Carina Bay this past weekend and had just an absolutely incredible time. St. Croix is such a beautiful, relaxed island, and Divi's resort & spa is a prime example of the luxurious experience one should come to expect. This is the second time staying on the island, first time at Divi, and we both agree that Divi Carina Bay Resort will be our consistent choice of housing for our yearly trips here :) I can't say enough of how we loved our time here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderfully descriptive account of your recent stay with us, here at Carina Bay!

We’ve been attempting to ensure that each of our guests has a memorable vacation experience and it would appear that we succeeded in your case. It seems that you took advantage of all of the amenities that we had to offer, and it fills us with a sense of satisfaction that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself while on St. Croix.

Once again, thanks ever so much for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay.
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got home from our week in paradise and really wish we were still there. I want to say a special thanks to three people who went above and beyond to make us feel like royalty. Carola should be the hospitality ambassador for Divi she makes everyone feel special and always has a smile and a welcoming comment whenever you walk in to a room she is in. Cartesha takes customer service up to a level few people ever manage, she went out of her way to make sure we had any and everything we wanted or needed and always seemed to have a happy and fun loving attitude to go with it, and last but not least our #1 bartender Krys. She also sets the bar high on customer service, she was always quick to offer assistance and always had a smile and a good attitude even when she was busy. My husband and I both thought of all the bartenders (sorry guys) she made the best drinks. Everyone there went out of there way to make our week special and we really appreciate it and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! What a wonderful review and we're more than thrilled that you had such a great time with us during your stay with us at Carina Bay.

Each of the staff members mentioned by name recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting. But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix vacation.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay All-Inclusive Resort!
Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We love this place! My husband and I had pretty high expectations for this vacation and they were all met or exceeded. We stayed for an all inclusive week at the Divi from 11/27- 12/4. We were greeted by Sarah who was extremely welcoming and efficient. It took about 2 minutes to check in and we were escorted to our room. We were blown away by our room's view.... right on the beach with a gorgeous palm tree! PARADISE!
We really enjoyed the staff at the resort but a few stood out in particular. Sean, who works at the beach shack, went above and beyond to help me and my husband feel comfortable with any sport we wanted to do. He totally had our safety as his first priority and was very efficient in instructing us with whatever we did. We did a couple snorkeling tours with him right at the resort ( with 50ft visibility) and also did a hike/ snorkeling trip to Isaac Bay with him- I suggest you sign up for this because it was fantastic. We also enjoyed chatting with Scott, the bartender. He told us all about the island and the homes surrounding the resort. He was so friendly and down to earth. I also felt very welcomed whenever I would bump in to Krys, the bartender- she genuinely seemed happy to see us.
The food was great all week long. They had anything you could want for breakfast every morning! The lunch buffet had a huge variety of main dishes, sides and there was always a great salad bar. We made reservations for most of the "theme" dinners and they were all delicious. We also ate at the pizza place and ordered bar food a few times- all was tasty. The drinks were so good too. They were not watered down and there was a good selection.
Overall, we truly enjoyed every day we spent here. The weather was perfect and the ocean was a beautiful 80 degrees everyday. We recommend this place to anyone.
With that being said, there were just a couple things that we weren't too happy with. First, the hammocks were not up for use because of the weather, per the staff. Also, the bar on the beach/ pool did not stay open very late. It closed at 5 on the weekends and 10 during the week, forcing us to drink at the indoor/ upstairs bar or the casino. Please also keep in mind that this place is not a party resort. It was quiet and not too busy (which was perfect for us). That's it....our only gripes.
Visit the Divi Carina!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you a million times over for an absolutely fabulous review! We’re ever so thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you truly enjoyed your time on St. Croix!

Intrepid travelers that you are, you’ve definitively discovered the recipe for enjoying a Caribbean Excursion. We’ll make sure that Sean, Scott and Krys receive a copy of your review and it’s great to hear that they and other staff members made your stay extra pleasant.

We’re glad that you found St. Croix to your liking and hope to see you once gain at the Divi Carina!
Stratham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

While parts of the hotel were older...the staff made all the difference between a good vacation and a great vacation. The food was the best we have had at any all inclusive buffet. We found something for each of our various palates. We were greeted in the morning by Custodio and in the evening by Carola in the dining room. They each made us feel welcome at each meal and were most helpful. Rosea very patiently and expertly explained all the different types of local foods on the Island Night buffet - she even got us to try them! Scott was an excellent bartender during our stay. So very attentive and fun to be around! He was missed when he had two days off. The staff member that we found the most helpful and set the tone for our vacation was Ann. Even before we arrived at the Divi she made sure that we had the perfect beach front room, flowers, a birthday card, and a birthday gift - all in our room on our arrival! When we arrived she made the check in process quick and easy and answered all sorts of questions that we had, and during the week she was most helpful and cheerful whenever we saw her! She greeted us just like an old friend every time. Marlon is such a happy person and fun to be around. As he went about his business, he was never too busy to talk and laugh with the guests. You can tell that he enjoys his job. He would make a perfect Director of Activities! Last but by no means least, is EC. She always took the time to talk with us whenever she saw us and always made us feel welcome and appreciated, never like an outsider, always like a friend! All the staff made us feel like we were family and that they enjoyed having us there with them. One can really see how much they love where they work, and what they do for work. We had such a great time that it was really hard to leave. We plan on returning in the future just because of the great staff. We would like to thank each and everyone of them for making us feel so welcome and appreciated!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being able to walk right out to the beach from our room, as well as sitting on the patio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Many thanks for the kind review of your recent stay with us, here at the Divi Carina Bay Resort! We’re thrilled to see that you’d mentioned so many individual staff members by name as that indicates our efforts in improving the quality of our Customer Service has proven fruitful! We’ll make sure that all of those cited receive a copy of your review also.

We’re glad that you took the opportunity to immerse yourself in all that St. Croix and Carina Bay had to offer and judging from the last line of your review, you truly understand the concept of Caribbean Travel and I’m assured that we’ll see you once again in the near future!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a long hard work week and an unpleasant travel, all my husband and I wanted was to get to our room and relax. This was a special trip for us including our 20-year anniversary. Although we needed to get away, work travels with us. When I asked if we had internet access, I was told not in the room we were in. OMG. Okay, relax. I still had business to deal with while away. Spoke to the girls at the front desk, yes, "THE GIRLS" they took care of us and gave us a room with internet access. Whew....I thought I was going to have a hard time...but no, I was given a key and was told here, we've taken care of you. That's all we needed to hear 'cause I was about to scream. On another note, I'm a very picky eater and all you can eat was not a good idea for me since my husband is the best cook, but we had no choice. Dinner, missed the rock dinner but filet mignon (hope I spelled that right, no spell check) excellent. Scott, Krys, Curt, thanks for the drinks. Always remembered what you order...THE GIRLS....WE LOVE THEM...although tips are included we wanted to give a little extra just to show our appreciation to all. At times my husband was at the bar and I just hung out by the front desk talking with the girls....EC thank you especially for our anniversary gift. You guys made it pleasant. Got so busy once we got back I'm finally able to write my review. BTW, we are coming back. Please let me know if any 3 days 2 nights are available in 2/3 weeks to use our gift certificate. From the 26 through the 31st. any time that week. I've gone online and it shows availability so please fit us in. ONCE AGAIN THANKS...HOPE TO SEE YOU REAL SOON. Too many names to mention so that's why I write "THE GIRLS" No offense girls.

Room Tip: Can only say my room was descent and I was pleased with it. I will update this when I find my itiner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! What a factual and wonderful review and we're more than thrilled that you had such a great time with us during your stay with us at Carina Bay.

…the “Girls” recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting! But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix vacation.

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!