“Breathtaking Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Breathtaking Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Divi Carina Bay this past weekend and had just an absolutely incredible time. St. Croix is such a beautiful, relaxed island, and Divi's resort & spa is a prime example of the luxurious experience one should come to expect. This is the second time staying on the island, first time at Divi, and we both agree that Divi Carina Bay Resort will be our consistent choice of housing for our yearly trips here :) I can't say enough of how we loved our time here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderfully descriptive account of your recent stay with us, here at Carina Bay!

We’ve been attempting to ensure that each of our guests has a memorable vacation experience and it would appear that we succeeded in your case. It seems that you took advantage of all of the amenities that we had to offer, and it fills us with a sense of satisfaction that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself while on St. Croix.

Once again, thanks ever so much for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got home from our week in paradise and really wish we were still there. I want to say a special thanks to three people who went above and beyond to make us feel like royalty. Carola should be the hospitality ambassador for Divi she makes everyone feel special and always has a smile and a welcoming comment whenever you walk in to a room she is in. Cartesha takes customer service up to a level few people ever manage, she went out of her way to make sure we had any and everything we wanted or needed and always seemed to have a happy and fun loving attitude to go with it, and last but not least our #1 bartender Krys. She also sets the bar high on customer service, she was always quick to offer assistance and always had a smile and a good attitude even when she was busy. My husband and I both thought of all the bartenders (sorry guys) she made the best drinks. Everyone there went out of there way to make our week special and we really appreciate it and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! What a wonderful review and we're more than thrilled that you had such a great time with us during your stay with us at Carina Bay.

Each of the staff members mentioned by name recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting. But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix vacation.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay All-Inclusive Resort!
Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We love this place! My husband and I had pretty high expectations for this vacation and they were all met or exceeded. We stayed for an all inclusive week at the Divi from 11/27- 12/4. We were greeted by Sarah who was extremely welcoming and efficient. It took about 2 minutes to check in and we were escorted to our room. We were blown away by our room's view.... right on the beach with a gorgeous palm tree! PARADISE!
We really enjoyed the staff at the resort but a few stood out in particular. Sean, who works at the beach shack, went above and beyond to help me and my husband feel comfortable with any sport we wanted to do. He totally had our safety as his first priority and was very efficient in instructing us with whatever we did. We did a couple snorkeling tours with him right at the resort ( with 50ft visibility) and also did a hike/ snorkeling trip to Isaac Bay with him- I suggest you sign up for this because it was fantastic. We also enjoyed chatting with Scott, the bartender. He told us all about the island and the homes surrounding the resort. He was so friendly and down to earth. I also felt very welcomed whenever I would bump in to Krys, the bartender- she genuinely seemed happy to see us.
The food was great all week long. They had anything you could want for breakfast every morning! The lunch buffet had a huge variety of main dishes, sides and there was always a great salad bar. We made reservations for most of the "theme" dinners and they were all delicious. We also ate at the pizza place and ordered bar food a few times- all was tasty. The drinks were so good too. They were not watered down and there was a good selection.
Overall, we truly enjoyed every day we spent here. The weather was perfect and the ocean was a beautiful 80 degrees everyday. We recommend this place to anyone.
With that being said, there were just a couple things that we weren't too happy with. First, the hammocks were not up for use because of the weather, per the staff. Also, the bar on the beach/ pool did not stay open very late. It closed at 5 on the weekends and 10 during the week, forcing us to drink at the indoor/ upstairs bar or the casino. Please also keep in mind that this place is not a party resort. It was quiet and not too busy (which was perfect for us). That's it....our only gripes.
Visit the Divi Carina!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you a million times over for an absolutely fabulous review! We’re ever so thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you truly enjoyed your time on St. Croix!

Intrepid travelers that you are, you’ve definitively discovered the recipe for enjoying a Caribbean Excursion. We’ll make sure that Sean, Scott and Krys receive a copy of your review and it’s great to hear that they and other staff members made your stay extra pleasant.

We’re glad that you found St. Croix to your liking and hope to see you once gain at the Divi Carina!
Stratham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

While parts of the hotel were older...the staff made all the difference between a good vacation and a great vacation. The food was the best we have had at any all inclusive buffet. We found something for each of our various palates. We were greeted in the morning by Custodio and in the evening by Carola in the dining room. They each made us feel welcome at each meal and were most helpful. Rosea very patiently and expertly explained all the different types of local foods on the Island Night buffet - she even got us to try them! Scott was an excellent bartender during our stay. So very attentive and fun to be around! He was missed when he had two days off. The staff member that we found the most helpful and set the tone for our vacation was Ann. Even before we arrived at the Divi she made sure that we had the perfect beach front room, flowers, a birthday card, and a birthday gift - all in our room on our arrival! When we arrived she made the check in process quick and easy and answered all sorts of questions that we had, and during the week she was most helpful and cheerful whenever we saw her! She greeted us just like an old friend every time. Marlon is such a happy person and fun to be around. As he went about his business, he was never too busy to talk and laugh with the guests. You can tell that he enjoys his job. He would make a perfect Director of Activities! Last but by no means least, is EC. She always took the time to talk with us whenever she saw us and always made us feel welcome and appreciated, never like an outsider, always like a friend! All the staff made us feel like we were family and that they enjoyed having us there with them. One can really see how much they love where they work, and what they do for work. We had such a great time that it was really hard to leave. We plan on returning in the future just because of the great staff. We would like to thank each and everyone of them for making us feel so welcome and appreciated!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being able to walk right out to the beach from our room, as well as sitting on the patio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Many thanks for the kind review of your recent stay with us, here at the Divi Carina Bay Resort! We’re thrilled to see that you’d mentioned so many individual staff members by name as that indicates our efforts in improving the quality of our Customer Service has proven fruitful! We’ll make sure that all of those cited receive a copy of your review also.

We’re glad that you took the opportunity to immerse yourself in all that St. Croix and Carina Bay had to offer and judging from the last line of your review, you truly understand the concept of Caribbean Travel and I’m assured that we’ll see you once again in the near future!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a long hard work week and an unpleasant travel, all my husband and I wanted was to get to our room and relax. This was a special trip for us including our 20-year anniversary. Although we needed to get away, work travels with us. When I asked if we had internet access, I was told not in the room we were in. OMG. Okay, relax. I still had business to deal with while away. Spoke to the girls at the front desk, yes, "THE GIRLS" they took care of us and gave us a room with internet access. Whew....I thought I was going to have a hard time...but no, I was given a key and was told here, we've taken care of you. That's all we needed to hear 'cause I was about to scream. On another note, I'm a very picky eater and all you can eat was not a good idea for me since my husband is the best cook, but we had no choice. Dinner, missed the rock dinner but filet mignon (hope I spelled that right, no spell check) excellent. Scott, Krys, Curt, thanks for the drinks. Always remembered what you order...THE GIRLS....WE LOVE THEM...although tips are included we wanted to give a little extra just to show our appreciation to all. At times my husband was at the bar and I just hung out by the front desk talking with the girls....EC thank you especially for our anniversary gift. You guys made it pleasant. Got so busy once we got back I'm finally able to write my review. BTW, we are coming back. Please let me know if any 3 days 2 nights are available in 2/3 weeks to use our gift certificate. From the 26 through the 31st. any time that week. I've gone online and it shows availability so please fit us in. ONCE AGAIN THANKS...HOPE TO SEE YOU REAL SOON. Too many names to mention so that's why I write "THE GIRLS" No offense girls.

Room Tip: Can only say my room was descent and I was pleased with it. I will update this when I find my itiner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! What a factual and wonderful review and we're more than thrilled that you had such a great time with us during your stay with us at Carina Bay.

…the “Girls” recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting! But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix vacation.

Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our situation was a little different. My family was all to arrive to the Divi on October 31st. Well Hurricane Sandy had other plans. We had our wedding planned for November 2nd at the Divi and well with the hurricane everything needed to be changed. I have to say that the staff was so accomondating with making all the changes for us. We ended up changing the wedding to November 5th.

We arrived to St. Croix on the 3rd and the transportation was there on time to take us to the resort. Once we arrived to the Divi the staff already knew who we were. We had alot of conversations with the manager Ann and we were happy to finally meet her. She is such a nice person. The front desk staff was very nice and also very helpful with everything.

The rooms were very clean and and we never had to worry about them being cleaned. There were even days that we didn't want to be disturbed and the staff would come back later in the day. They would still clean the room once we took the sign off the door no matter what time of day it was.

Saturday night (our first night) the pig roast was very good. All the food during the week of us staying there was very good. I'm a very picky eater but I found that all the food was so delicious and I was willing to try everything they had. My kids really enjoyed the food and if you are to stay here make sure that you do the all inclusive. My kids ate non-stop the entire time that we were there. The drinks at the bar were sooooo good and one was even named after my younger son Donte'. He was so excited about having a drink named after him. I have to say that all of the staff made us feel so welcomed and we ended up having a good relationship by the time that we left. The bartenders (Krys, Scott and Curt were the friendliest people I have ever met). We had a lot of good times there and my boys really took a liking to Krys.

Well the day of our wedding......yes!!! Bernadette did a fabulous job with setting up the beach. It was beautiful!!!! Thank you Bernadette!!! You are the greatest! The weather was beautiful and everything went better than expected. Patty did a good job with getting everything that we had discussed for so many months before the wedding. Everything thing that I wanted was there and even things that I sent over for our wedding was set up wonderfully.

We did have one situation happen from the wedding and it took time to get it resolved but the manager Troy took care of all our needs and made sure that things were resolved.

All in all I have to say that we all had a fantastic time staying at the Divi. There are plenty of activities to do while staying there. You have miniture golfing, snorkeling, the casino, fitness room and so many other things to do.

We are all looking forward to returning hopefully next year for our 1 year anniversary. There were 9 of us that stayed at the Divi this year and next we hope to have even more staying there. I look forward to seeing everyone again!!!

Divi "Thank You" for everything. Making our wedding very memorable and the vacation stay enjoyable "Thank You".

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and was located at the far end of the resort. Long walk wasn't bad but t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JacksonK, Asst General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Congratulations and thanks ever so much for the wonderful review of your Destination Wedding, while staying with us here at Carina Bay! We’re all too familiar with storms disrupting plans and preparations, so it was easy for us to make the necessary changes to accommodate your booking, with the advent of Hurricane Sandy hitting the Mainland.

We’re thrilled to see that you’d mentioned so many individual staff members by name, that indicates our efforts in improving the quality of our Customer Service has proven fruitful! We’ll make sure that all of those cited receive a copy of your review also. It’s also great to see that you and the family took the opportunity to immerse yourself in all that the resort had to offer.

We truly appreciate your sentiments rendered in your review, as providing Superior Customer Service is a goal that we attempt to meet each and every day; and it’s not the easiest of tasks to fulfill at all times. We’re just simply happy that the Destination Wedding went as planned, and that all the members of your group thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We once again thank you for the wonderful review, and truly hope to see you again, in celebration of your One Year Anniversary!
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Me and my wife got married at the Divi on November 1st 2012 and it was the greatest week of my life. The staff was amazing, the food was phenomenal and every single night there was something to do. I was very nervous coming down there that it wasn't going to be as fun as the Dominican or Jamaica but it was worth it and we made the right choice. Some of the reviews we read said it was an older person resort but we brought about 40 people down and the majority of us are big drinkers and partiers and we had a great time.

Room Tip: The Villa is located at the other end of the resort, it is ideal for a honeymoon but not if you have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again! We’re all so thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience, here on St. Croix and the Divi during your Nuptial Celebration!

Everyone on staff sends their fondest regards and everyone on staff has a “Baker Wedding Party” story to tell! Yours and Brittany’s entire group was filled with the liveliest individuals that showed a love of life, and adventure that we haven’t been witness too for quite some time and it was our delight to have been your hosts! Besides, y’all know how to PARTY!

We thank you having chosen the Divi Carina Bay Resort and most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix excursion.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip for your 1st Anniversary!

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!