“A vacation well needed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Brooklyn, New York
“A vacation well needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a long hard work week and an unpleasant travel, all my husband and I wanted was to get to our room and relax. This was a special trip for us including our 20-year anniversary. Although we needed to get away, work travels with us. When I asked if we had internet access, I was told not in the room we were in. OMG. Okay, relax. I still had business to deal with while away. Spoke to the girls at the front desk, yes, "THE GIRLS" they took care of us and gave us a room with internet access. Whew....I thought I was going to have a hard time...but no, I was given a key and was told here, we've taken care of you. That's all we needed to hear 'cause I was about to scream. On another note, I'm a very picky eater and all you can eat was not a good idea for me since my husband is the best cook, but we had no choice. Dinner, missed the rock dinner but filet mignon (hope I spelled that right, no spell check) excellent. Scott, Krys, Curt, thanks for the drinks. Always remembered what you order...THE GIRLS....WE LOVE THEM...although tips are included we wanted to give a little extra just to show our appreciation to all. At times my husband was at the bar and I just hung out by the front desk talking with the girls....EC thank you especially for our anniversary gift. You guys made it pleasant. Got so busy once we got back I'm finally able to write my review. BTW, we are coming back. Please let me know if any 3 days 2 nights are available in 2/3 weeks to use our gift certificate. From the 26 through the 31st. any time that week. I've gone online and it shows availability so please fit us in. ONCE AGAIN THANKS...HOPE TO SEE YOU REAL SOON. Too many names to mention so that's why I write "THE GIRLS" No offense girls.

Room Tip: Can only say my room was descent and I was pleased with it. I will update this when I find my itiner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! What a factual and wonderful review and we're more than thrilled that you had such a great time with us during your stay with us at Carina Bay.

…the “Girls” recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting! But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix vacation.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay All-Inclusive Resort!

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our situation was a little different. My family was all to arrive to the Divi on October 31st. Well Hurricane Sandy had other plans. We had our wedding planned for November 2nd at the Divi and well with the hurricane everything needed to be changed. I have to say that the staff was so accomondating with making all the changes for us. We ended up changing the wedding to November 5th.

We arrived to St. Croix on the 3rd and the transportation was there on time to take us to the resort. Once we arrived to the Divi the staff already knew who we were. We had alot of conversations with the manager Ann and we were happy to finally meet her. She is such a nice person. The front desk staff was very nice and also very helpful with everything.

The rooms were very clean and and we never had to worry about them being cleaned. There were even days that we didn't want to be disturbed and the staff would come back later in the day. They would still clean the room once we took the sign off the door no matter what time of day it was.

Saturday night (our first night) the pig roast was very good. All the food during the week of us staying there was very good. I'm a very picky eater but I found that all the food was so delicious and I was willing to try everything they had. My kids really enjoyed the food and if you are to stay here make sure that you do the all inclusive. My kids ate non-stop the entire time that we were there. The drinks at the bar were sooooo good and one was even named after my younger son Donte'. He was so excited about having a drink named after him. I have to say that all of the staff made us feel so welcomed and we ended up having a good relationship by the time that we left. The bartenders (Krys, Scott and Curt were the friendliest people I have ever met). We had a lot of good times there and my boys really took a liking to Krys.

Well the day of our wedding......yes!!! Bernadette did a fabulous job with setting up the beach. It was beautiful!!!! Thank you Bernadette!!! You are the greatest! The weather was beautiful and everything went better than expected. Patty did a good job with getting everything that we had discussed for so many months before the wedding. Everything thing that I wanted was there and even things that I sent over for our wedding was set up wonderfully.

We did have one situation happen from the wedding and it took time to get it resolved but the manager Troy took care of all our needs and made sure that things were resolved.

All in all I have to say that we all had a fantastic time staying at the Divi. There are plenty of activities to do while staying there. You have miniture golfing, snorkeling, the casino, fitness room and so many other things to do.

We are all looking forward to returning hopefully next year for our 1 year anniversary. There were 9 of us that stayed at the Divi this year and next we hope to have even more staying there. I look forward to seeing everyone again!!!

Divi "Thank You" for everything. Making our wedding very memorable and the vacation stay enjoyable "Thank You".

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and was located at the far end of the resort. Long walk wasn't bad but t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JacksonK, Asst General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Congratulations and thanks ever so much for the wonderful review of your Destination Wedding, while staying with us here at Carina Bay! We’re all too familiar with storms disrupting plans and preparations, so it was easy for us to make the necessary changes to accommodate your booking, with the advent of Hurricane Sandy hitting the Mainland.

We’re thrilled to see that you’d mentioned so many individual staff members by name, that indicates our efforts in improving the quality of our Customer Service has proven fruitful! We’ll make sure that all of those cited receive a copy of your review also. It’s also great to see that you and the family took the opportunity to immerse yourself in all that the resort had to offer.

We truly appreciate your sentiments rendered in your review, as providing Superior Customer Service is a goal that we attempt to meet each and every day; and it’s not the easiest of tasks to fulfill at all times. We’re just simply happy that the Destination Wedding went as planned, and that all the members of your group thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We once again thank you for the wonderful review, and truly hope to see you again, in celebration of your One Year Anniversary!
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Me and my wife got married at the Divi on November 1st 2012 and it was the greatest week of my life. The staff was amazing, the food was phenomenal and every single night there was something to do. I was very nervous coming down there that it wasn't going to be as fun as the Dominican or Jamaica but it was worth it and we made the right choice. Some of the reviews we read said it was an older person resort but we brought about 40 people down and the majority of us are big drinkers and partiers and we had a great time.

Room Tip: The Villa is located at the other end of the resort, it is ideal for a honeymoon but not if you have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again! We’re all so thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience, here on St. Croix and the Divi during your Nuptial Celebration!

Everyone on staff sends their fondest regards and everyone on staff has a “Baker Wedding Party” story to tell! Yours and Brittany’s entire group was filled with the liveliest individuals that showed a love of life, and adventure that we haven’t been witness too for quite some time and it was our delight to have been your hosts! Besides, y’all know how to PARTY!

We thank you having chosen the Divi Carina Bay Resort and most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix excursion.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip for your 1st Anniversary!
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This resort was awesome! The food was great! The pig roast on Saturday was amazing and the the "Rock" dinner was definitely a must! The first night we had an issue with our AC and the next morning there were 2 gentlemen that came and replaced it and the one they replaced it with also didn't function, they brought us a brand new unit and it was fabulous! We met some other guest and made some great friends. The staff was all super nice and welcoming! The bartenders, Scott, Krys and Curt were great; they were kind, friendly and outgoing! I also give Stacey tons of credit, she was training on Thanksgiving and it was busy, but she kept up! And the night manager EC was the best! We would definitely return to the Divi!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room!!!! and try the pizza
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

Each of the staff members mentioned by name recalled both of you vividly and send their greetings, and we’ll make sure that they’re acknowledged for their efforts at our next All Staff Meeting! But most importantly; we're all just glad that you had a wonderful vacation experience and fond memories of your St. Croix Honeymoon!

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we'll be on the look-out for your return trip to St. Croix and the Divi Carina Bay All-Inclusive Resort for the first Anniversary Celebration!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Divi for one week with our family and friends for our destination wedding, and when we arrived the staff, resort, food and amenities exceeded our expectations. Every night was something new, different and top of the line. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and our rooms were excellent; right off the ocean, and always cleaned. While planning our wedding, Patti was so helpful. We just so happened to plan it on a Thursday, "Caribbean BBQ night" it was AMAZING to have that for our reception with a dozen+ family and friends. Steel drums, dancers on stilts and tradition Caribbean dancers, it really was priceless. I can't wait to go back! We rented a van to make it easier to travel with everyone, but there was a shuttle service to take you downtown everyday. The food really was great, I've stayed at other resorts with so/so food, but every night something delicious was offered, the "hot rock" was awesome, even the food at the casino was really good.The casino is fun and everyone is really friendly. Our room was at the far end because we were getting married, but we were right by the East End Pizza bar which had really good pizza with tons of toppings and a FULL bar! Our families were occupied every day with the activities offered at the resort, we all went snorkeling 3 times! Kayaking, paddle board and boating. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating...THANK YOU!
I recommend going to Udall point, it's right up the road and the hike to Issac bay is really beautiful. I highly recommend the Divi Carina and I can't wait to go back! Patti, Ann, Scott, Elizabeth, Angelina, and everyone else...thank you so much and we can't wait to see you again!

-The Rogers

Room Tip: The ocean rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We were all bowled-over by your review and truly appreciate the kind and truthful commentary rendered about us, while we hosted your Destination Wedding.

It’s wonderful to have so many our staff members mentioned by name, and it was our sincere pleasure to have had the opportunity to host your nuptials. We were all in awe at the number of attendees that flew in for the wedding and we must say, you all were some of the nicest people we’ve hosted!

We once again thank you for acknowledging those members of our staff that stood-out, and are extremely happy that all worked-out well and we look forward to hosting your first anniversary party!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better staff! Everyone there treated us like we were part of their family. We have a special needs Son that is in a wheelchair and the resort is very easily accessible. The staff was very helpful and understanding with everything we needed. Great place with many activities weather you are there as a family, as a couple or on a vacation to just have some alone time! We have stayed on 2nd and 3rd floor and the views are spectacular! The beach is directly outside your balcony or some rooms it's within steps. Rooms are very clean, great food! Tried staying other places on Island and Divi is by far the Best!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you!! We were all bowled-over by your review and truly appreciate the kind and truthful commentary rendered on our staff members.

We attempt to meet the needs of all of our guests, and you and the family were simply wonderful people who stole our hearts away. Words simply can’t express the joy you brought to the front desk each day with Rok! He’s a great kid, with a great family!

We once again thank you for acknowledging our staff members that stood-out, and we look forward to hosting you and the family again in the near future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

By far the nicest resort on the island with the most amenities and possibly the best employees. They have everything except SCUBA diving at this resort. It's the only one on the windward side of the island which means the constant breeze keeps it more comfortable than the west end and inland locations and reduces the number of biting insects considerably. Sean at the water sports shack gives great snorkel tours and advice and will teach you SUP board, kayaking, etc. Scott and Curt at the bars will tailor make you the best cocktails/drinks or just ask them for a "frozen mango something" and they'll fill in the details. Wanda at the front desk was a wealth of friendly information about the island with a great sense of humor. If EC (not sure how to spell her name) stops by your dinner table make sure to ask about her phobia of the local island crabs. And ask Marlon in the restaurant about having to purchase a comforter when he moved to this island which has a much cooler climate (maybe it gets down to the mid 70's at night) than his home island. I also have to mention Edmond who was just an all around employee and Dave at the pizza shop who tailor makes gourmet pizzas. Delicious! For the employees who's names I didn't get, including the very friendly and professional housekeepers and wait staff I have only praise to give. There were times when they were slammed with customers and short staffed and service may have been slightly slower than the day before, but never to the level of unacceptable and who cares when you're on island time. SCUBA divers, don't believe the hype from the Cane Bay dive shop by the pool. All their actual SCUBA diving happens over a 45 minute drive away from this resort on the other side of the island which they fail to tell you until you tell them you are already certified. They'll take non-divers into the max 7-foot deep pool with SCUBA gear to try to interest them into spending more money on this sport but don't believe them when they tell you there's actual SCUBA diving at this place.

Room Tip: All the hotel rooms are basically the same. Some further from the pool/bar/restaurant/lobby some c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JacksonK, Asst. General Manager at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Many thanks for the great review of your recent stay with us, here at the Divi Carina Bay Resort! We’re happy to see that you took the time out to cover virtually every aspect of the resort and took the time to bask in the glow of St. Croix!

As for the commentary on our staff, thanks a million! They’re a wonderful group of people to work alongside, and their main goal is to provide Superior Customer Service; and it would appear that they did a great job with you!

We’re sorry that your experience with Cane Bay Dive Shop proved to be less than endearing, and we took the initiative to discuss the matter with a company representative, who provided us with the following response….

“…Divi Carina Bay Resort is not advertised as a "dive" resort. Carina Bay offers a FREE Discover Scuba Trial in the pool through Cane Bay Dive Shop, for those who would like to try scuba diving. If you are interested in trying diving and then would like to set up a dive, Cane Bay Dive Shop arranges a time for you to dive The Wall along the north shore which St Croix is known for. The wall is rated as one of the top shore dives in the world. If you would like to try the PADI Discover scuba dive along the wall, the cost is $60 per person and we will help you with a taxi or driving directions.

If you are already certified prior to your visit to the resort you can set up dives as you choose and if you would like to get wet at the resort you may rent a tank and venture out in the shallow water at the resort. Cane Bay Dive Shop is located on the Carina Bay property as a courtesy to help you with any questions and help set up dive or snorkel excursions.”

…we once again apologize for the confusion therein, and truly hope that despite this incident, you were able to gather some fond memories of your St. Croix excursion, and that we’ll see you again in the near future.

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!