“We loved, loved, loved the Divi Resort and St. Croix - We will be back!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Sumter, South Carolina
“We loved, loved, loved the Divi Resort and St. Croix - We will be back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We arrived in St. Croix on Sunday, June 12th and was welcome with open arms. There were 16 of us and we cannot THANK the Divi Carina Bay All Inclusvise Beach Resort enough for their awesome hospitality. Everything went smoothly from check in to check out. The staff, oh my gosh, they were great. From the check in counter to the guys that drove us in the golf carts back in forth fom the casino. When they say "All Inclusive" they mean it! All food, drinks and non-motorized sports (paddle boats, kayaking, sail boards, putt putt). Waking up each morning in the beautiful beach front rooms, what more can you ask for? There were 4 restaurants, 4 bars, fitness center, nightly entertainment, so many things to mention that this great resort has to offer. A very special shout out to:

Abel/Carola – breakfast waiter/ress

Ersyln and Sarah – front desk

Yvonne – beach activities

Edmond – bell hop who help “crack” the safe

Bernicedeen – housekeeper

I know there are so many more that made our trip the greatest and thank you also. If you have not been to St. Croix, none of us had been before June 12th, I strongly recommend you put this beautiful island on your bucket list and you must stay at the DIVI CARINA BAY ALL INCLUSIVE BEACH RESORT!!! You will not regret it!!! I think I am still on "Cruzan" time....mon!!! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Divi for our honeymoon and I have to say that it was truly wonderful. The resort is beautiful, rooms were clean, food was fantastic and I really could never say enough about how amazing the service was. In particular, Kurt, David and Marlon made our stay so memorable. They always went above and beyond what a normal waiter or bartender would do. I truly hope the management realizes what a great staff they have, it is because of them that we will be planning another trip back...If you are looking to relax, unwind, have fun and treated like royalty the Divi is where you NEED to stay if you are traveling to St. Croix.!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at Divi Carina Bay on a business trip the last week of May 2011. The room was clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location and view were excellent! We particularly enjoyed the Barbeque on Thursday evening. We were treated extremely well for our entire stay, and would definitely stay at this resort again!

Tiffin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary while in ST. Croix. The entire staff at the resort including the manager, events coordinator , waitresses, waiters and all others, made our stay so special. The customer service was top notch and the staff was so kind and attentive. A few things that I will not forget. I was looking to read a magazine since I was done with my book. I wasn't able to find one and since I wasn't going to town that day, I wasn't sure what to do. I asked the manager if he new of any where close that I could purchase a magazine...well since there wasn't a store near by, he searched the resort asking staff members if they had any magazine. Sure enough he must have came out with over 7 or 8 magazines. This may sound silly to some but to me it showed what customer services is all about. We had a wonderful time and will return. I recommend the Divi to anyone.

Room Tip: Best view is near the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My stay at the Divi Carina Bay all inclusive beach resort was as good of a business experience as you could ask for. The rooms are very clean and have great amenities (flat-screen TVs, large and comfortable beds, large balconies with amazing ocean views) and the complimentary wireless internet made it a pleasure to work from the comfort of my room.
The staff was surprisingly friendly (I've stayed at other hotels on the island before and was not impressed with the attitude of the staff) and seemed genuinely interested in making sure your stay was a good one.
The food was delicious, especially for an all-inclusive place. This was NOT 'cruise food'. I did not have a bad meal the entire time i was there.
The all-inclusive package was great. I would highly recommend it.
Overall I was incredibly impressed with my entire experience at the resort. I will definitely stay at Divi again on my next business trip to St Croix.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great (have great views).
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our Scuba shop took 14 people to St Croix in May. We stayed at Divi Carnia Bay and could not be more satisfied. We had a problem with the door on our first room, the staff moved us quickly and the rest of the stay was without insodent.
The grounds were beautiful, the staff could not do enough for our guest. We host two of these scuba trips a year and we will be comming back to Divi Carnia Bay Resort Asap.
Thanks to Anne Downes and the staff for making us and our guest feel special.

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I had my wedding and reception at Divi last year. I have to say that the beach wedding through Patti, the planner, and the man that actually set up the decorations (can't remember his name, sorry) was fabulous. It was just what I wanted. The decorations were out of this world. We had the reception in the Starlite Room, which was nice, because it had air conditioning. Good food and pretty cakes and flowers.
However. Was absolutely appalled and embarrased at the way the front desk woman treated me and my guests. Some came from stateside, and the first couple was left standing at the front desk arguing with the lady for one hour because the credit card was charged improperly and the rooms were wrong. One guest was hunted down by the front desk manager on the third day like she was going to skip out on the room, because there was some perceived issue with her card. My friend's room was then not cleaned for the next two days. There were two more people with issues with her and the rooms.
The same front desk woman gave me a hassle and was not helpful, too much to get into. Additionally, the upgraded deluxe bamboo floored rooms I was promised in writing for my guests at the wedding rate were not provided. I know the rooms were available because a family member who works at the hotel got them for her family that night. If they can't give the renovated rooms to everyone, they shouldn't book the hotel. I am really not a primadonna and my friends and familty just wanted a safe, nice room , and no hassle stay. Not provided. But the wedding setup was great. I just won't recommend them to anyone for a stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
JacksonK, Assistant General Manager / Sales & Marketing at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
We look forward to and appreciate all commentary submitted to Trip Advisor. The glowing remarks rendered on our Banquet staff were wonderful and will be passed along to them accordingly.

As it’s been a full year since your nuptials were held here at the resort, investigating the details of your complaint is difficult to retrieve. We’ve made changes to our staffing and instituted additional training in all sectors, since your nuptials held here with us.

In perusing many of the recent reviews on this site, it’s obvious that our efforts are coming to fruition, as we continue to strive in improving our Customer Service aspects in the attempt of providing an exceptional Guest Experience.

We look forward to seeing again, at the Divi Carina Bay Resort and we are confident, in providing you with an exceptional Guest Experience.

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!