“A beautifully pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5025 Turner Hole, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Orlando, Florida
“A beautifully pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My stay at the Divi Carina Bay all inclusive beach resort was as good of a business experience as you could ask for. The rooms are very clean and have great amenities (flat-screen TVs, large and comfortable beds, large balconies with amazing ocean views) and the complimentary wireless internet made it a pleasure to work from the comfort of my room.
The staff was surprisingly friendly (I've stayed at other hotels on the island before and was not impressed with the attitude of the staff) and seemed genuinely interested in making sure your stay was a good one.
The food was delicious, especially for an all-inclusive place. This was NOT 'cruise food'. I did not have a bad meal the entire time i was there.
The all-inclusive package was great. I would highly recommend it.
Overall I was incredibly impressed with my entire experience at the resort. I will definitely stay at Divi again on my next business trip to St Croix.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great (have great views).

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our Scuba shop took 14 people to St Croix in May. We stayed at Divi Carnia Bay and could not be more satisfied. We had a problem with the door on our first room, the staff moved us quickly and the rest of the stay was without insodent.
The grounds were beautiful, the staff could not do enough for our guest. We host two of these scuba trips a year and we will be comming back to Divi Carnia Bay Resort Asap.
Thanks to Anne Downes and the staff for making us and our guest feel special.

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I had my wedding and reception at Divi last year. I have to say that the beach wedding through Patti, the planner, and the man that actually set up the decorations (can't remember his name, sorry) was fabulous. It was just what I wanted. The decorations were out of this world. We had the reception in the Starlite Room, which was nice, because it had air conditioning. Good food and pretty cakes and flowers.
However. Was absolutely appalled and embarrased at the way the front desk woman treated me and my guests. Some came from stateside, and the first couple was left standing at the front desk arguing with the lady for one hour because the credit card was charged improperly and the rooms were wrong. One guest was hunted down by the front desk manager on the third day like she was going to skip out on the room, because there was some perceived issue with her card. My friend's room was then not cleaned for the next two days. There were two more people with issues with her and the rooms.
The same front desk woman gave me a hassle and was not helpful, too much to get into. Additionally, the upgraded deluxe bamboo floored rooms I was promised in writing for my guests at the wedding rate were not provided. I know the rooms were available because a family member who works at the hotel got them for her family that night. If they can't give the renovated rooms to everyone, they shouldn't book the hotel. I am really not a primadonna and my friends and familty just wanted a safe, nice room , and no hassle stay. Not provided. But the wedding setup was great. I just won't recommend them to anyone for a stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
JacksonK, Assistant General Manager / Sales & Marketing at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
We look forward to and appreciate all commentary submitted to Trip Advisor. The glowing remarks rendered on our Banquet staff were wonderful and will be passed along to them accordingly.

As it’s been a full year since your nuptials were held here at the resort, investigating the details of your complaint is difficult to retrieve. We’ve made changes to our staffing and instituted additional training in all sectors, since your nuptials held here with us.

In perusing many of the recent reviews on this site, it’s obvious that our efforts are coming to fruition, as we continue to strive in improving our Customer Service aspects in the attempt of providing an exceptional Guest Experience.

We look forward to seeing again, at the Divi Carina Bay Resort and we are confident, in providing you with an exceptional Guest Experience.
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We were able to eat at the Pizza Shack in the front of the motel. Cooks were very good. Actually made a calzone that was not even on the menu. worth asking about!!!!

Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

From the moment we checked in, the staff was so very pleasant, friendly and helpful! I previously lived on the island and hadn't been back in several years but I felt at home again instantly. I travelled with my husband, sister and her husband, all of whom had never been there, I was hoping I wouldn't let them down with my choice of hotel. We all agree, we had a great trip! Our rooms were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated, and the waterfront views and breathtaking sunrises were awesome. Our compliments to the chef at both the upstairs and beachfront restaurants, every meal was a delight (especially the Friday night lobster and the Caribbean Barbeque). The bartenders, David and Kurt, made the best exotic drinks ever, and our servers were helpful with the many choices from the menu. Saida (I hope I spelled that name right) I hope you fulfill your dream of travelling off-island someday. Also, be sure to visit Lorenzo at East End Pizza, he makes the best pizza south of New Jersey! We rented a car, and with alot of help from the front desk staff and my memory of the island, we managed to find our way around my old stomping grounds. When we chose to stay at the beach, which we did many afternoons, I was lulled to a nap under the palm trees with a soft ocean breeze, paradise! Lastly, I must thank Ann, the front desk manager, my new friend. She knew we were celebrating our wedding anniversary during this trip and made sure we had a special time. Regardless, she and everyone we encountered at the resort extended their Cruzan hospitality and made us feel at home. We'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kanosh, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We went with a group of 14 divers from Las Vegas. My wife and I had never been to the caribean before. I was impressed with the cleanliness and spaciousness of our room overlooking the beach.
Everyone was very nice. Our group asked for several things that weren't on the menu, and it was no problem.
I agree that the Pizza was as good as any to be had anywhere. The beachside grill would also be hard to beat. I never had a Rueben made "Caribean Style" before, but we had more than one. Excellent food all around.
The dinners at the Starlight were excellent! The service was a little bit twisted up, as our group all sat together, and they didn't seem to be set up for that. Four course meals with the courses occasionally served out of sequence. That isn't a big deal to me, as it was all excellent quality, and I don't stand on ceremony. It might aggravate some folks but they need to get the stick out of their butt. I was there to relax and after two days of mental decompression, I was able to do just that. It's nice to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner while watching the pelicans diving for fish.
The all inclusive aspect was nice. I never had to carry anything around but my room key.
The remote location was a good thing, as there were no "stray" people around and having been to Christiansted and Fredericsted proper and seeing the lay of the neighborhoods there, I felt much better staying at Divi. I felt very secure there, and saw nothing that alarmed me.
All the people there were very helpful, polite and most accomodating.
The Groundskeeper at the Casino was very nice and answered all of our questions about the various plants. We went with a group from Las Vegas, So other than collecting the obligatory gaming token we didn't spend any time in the Casino. It looked very clean and everyone was very nice even though I was just looking around.
The snorkelling was excellent as there is a nice little reef right off the beach. We saw plenty of Hawksbils, Rays, and lots of other marine life. Put sunscreen on the back of your legs. We learned that the hard way.
If it we go back to the Islands, I would go back to Divi with out a second thought.

• Stayed May 2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

We had our wedding at the Divi on April 16 & it was better than I ever could have dreamed. Patti was the best wedding coordinator a girl could ask for and so helpful in setting up a destination wedding from Texas. I was super nervous about taking our group to a hotel that we had never seen, but the staff and general manager Andreas were amazing. They accomadated every special request my guests had and then some. Our group of 40 people loved the staff, the food, the accomodations and activities. The pizza hut is some of the best pizza ever and the hotel staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Other staff members that we loved - David, Curt (ask him to make you a Beach Bride - my special drink), Farjja, and Sonya. We also attended the Taste of St. Croix and our entire group wants to make this trip an annual event.

Room Tip: Request the renovated wing.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!