First, this is not Sandals, so don't expect to be catered to. The resort was nice, but a little dated. The room was clean, but no frills. Rent a car because it is long way away from attractions. The service was lacking, but after reading the reviews it was what I expected. The service is that slow all over the island even at the drive thru of the Wendy's! I would stay here again. Marlon provided the best service by far, he is a waiter at the Dockside bar/resturant. The food was good, but it doesn't come quickly. The buffet at breakfast was a little old with the same stuff everyday. The Thursday night beach barbeque was outstanding! I would recommend it to anyone who visits St. Croix. The beach needed a little work, it could be raked and smoothed out. We had a strange week because normally the wind comes from the north and this side of the island is calm. We had wind all week, and it made the water choppy. We went adventuring and found Cramer Park not far away, on the the north east shore which the beach was nice, and there was showerhouses. No food or drink, so bring it with you. This is a family friendly resort and locals come to visit on the weekends, so it gets a little busy around the pool with kids, but nothing riduculous. The casino was nice enough with tables, and slots, not many video poker games though. The pizza joint was good, but slow. The putt putt golf course was nicer than the ones you pay to play at Myrtle Beach or Gatlinburg. I would recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for an affordable vacation, even with the slow service eating out around the island is quite pricey. This was a nice place as a base of operations. My wife got sick, and did not make dinner one evening. Upon explaining to my waiter the situation, he went out of his way to make my wife a take out plate for her.
Go to Anchor Diving at Salt River Bay, and take the bio-lumecent night kayak tour with Ty, it was the most incredible experience. $45 a person.
The spa is busy, and you need to give them 24 hours notice. Come to find out people all over the island use the spa, and they are always busy.
In closing, I would recommend this resort to anyone who doesn't have ridiculously high expectations. Most of the negative reviews are from people who should of spent several thousand more and went to Sandals. If you want a nice place to stay, that you can eat and drink at with out paying $18.00 for Tacos at a beach bar, this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands