We stayed at Sugar Beach from July 18-20. We were there on our honeymoon. The weather was terrible, so we decided to come home. It was raining so hard that we could not see to drive! We were told that there was a 3 night minimum, which is standard and we did not have a problem with that. When we arrived on the 18th, it was after hours. we called the after hours number and a security guard met us with the key. He never asked our name, to see identification, all we told him was what suite number we were in. That made us feel VERY secure!!! We stayed in Theatre on the Beach. The suite was very clean, however, the air did not work well at all. Because of the rain, wind, storms, etc., we could not sleep with the windows/doors open. It was muggy and hot in the room the entire time we were there. Becuse of this we could not sleep at all. There was also tons of ants - everywhere - including the beach. The condos were outdated. I would use the term "resort" loosely. There were no activities as one would think at a resort. Also, when booking the room, we used card A to reserve the room. With most places, once you reserve the room, upon checking in they ask how you want to pay (as did the place we are now staying). We planned on paying with card B. Since we never officially checked in, we werent asked how we wanted to pay. We explained this to the lady at the front desk when checking out and she assured us all would be fine. However, it wasn't . They actually charged card A the entire amount and refunded the difference to card B. They should have just released the hold on card A and charged card B the difference. We now have a negative balance on card A because of this. Now instead of enjoying the rest of our honeymoon, my husband is now trying to get this situation taken care of. Thank you Sugar Beach for making our St. Croix experience a miserable. This is a honeymoon we will never forgot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USIV with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands