My husband and I stayed in Theatre on the Beach, Unit 215, the week of March 22. The condo was stunning. It has been completely gutted and remodeled with beautiful upgrades, and is every bit as beautiful as the listing photos. The property was spotless and well maintained with all of the amenities we needed for cooking, cleaning and relaxing. There was everything we needed for snorkeling and the kayaks were an added treat. There was a beautiful breeze off the sea the entire time we were there, and we never needed to turn on the AC. The beach and pool were never crowded, and we never had difficulty finding a lounge chair. The pool and grill area have also recently been renovated, and were extremely clean and inviting. Leslie, the owner, was extremely helpful and answered all of our e-mails and questions in a timely manner. The property itself was beautifully maintained and the beach cleaned and raked daily. Sharon, Michelle and Francis in the office were extremely friendly and helpful. Any concerns we had were addressed in a timely and efficient manner. We did rent a car, but we used Big John's Taxi a couple of times, and would recommend it. We enjoyed the Breezez restaurant, which is right next door, as well. The service was good, and the food was well prepared and reasonably priced. We ate at the Avacado Pit, Brew Pub, Angry Nates and Rum Runners in Christiansted. We were very happy with the food, and service in all of them. We took the day trip to Buck Island which was wonderful, and chartered a fishing boat for a 1/2 day ($400) through the rental shop on the corner by the Avacado Pit restaurant - Captain John - he was great. We did do the bioluminescent kayak tour in Salt River, and were somewhat disappointed. Two hours was too long, and we did not think it was as stunning as advertised. It was a wonderful week, and we would not hesitate to recommend this property to a friend or relative. Only wish there was a nonstop flight from Chicago to St. Croix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USIV with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands