We wanted to find a nice resort style accommodation without the "big resort" atmosphere of large crowds, dining halls, beach bars with overserved loud and annoying patrons, etc. Sugar Beach proved to be the place for us!
The resort was well kept, very private and offered incredible accommodations for our family, the kids really loved their twin loft and our second story patio deck with incredible views of the beach extending outward to incredible colors of the ocean and the distant view of Buck Island. It was a first for the kids who snorkeled the beach area observing small fish and a very young sea turtle.
We wanted an active trip and spent many days driving about the island exploring finding something new and exciting daily. When we needed down time the pool, tennis courts and grill offered us a great resort day where we could enjoy a homestyle day away from home. The full kitchen offered us the advantage of some home cooked meals and some of the usual fast food places like McDonalds and Subway were nearby as well as two great grocery stores.
Even if we choose to visit St. Croix without the kids we'll be right back at Sugar Beach. We are excited about planning our next vacation and just learned they added more beach activities such as the new Zayak, a face down type floating platform that you can paddle and kick around while viewing the undersea area off the beach. Snorkeling without the snorkel as Zayak puts it! Kayak use is now available as well as other improvements were released on their website blog.
And special thanks not only to the staff, but to other reviewers who helped us make this our resort of choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USIV with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands