We stayed a week at Unit #215, "Theatre on the Beach" in December 2012. We stayed with my 27 year old son and his wife. We all enjoy "chilling" and spent several days at the beach out front. Most days we had it to ourselves.
This condo was very nice. The new shower is beautiful and the master suite and the second bath are both nice. We did not use the bonus room, but it would have been great fun for kids. The condo would easily accommodate six people. My husband in a freak accident broke the shower door and the owner agreed to cover it - over $300. That was quite unexpectedly nice.
The kitchen is small but well equipped. The kayak is a lot of fun. The staff is accommodating and helpful, on an island time kind of schedule. We found the night security people to be very helpful. We came in late, the phone was answered promptly and he helped us bring in our luggage and refused a tip.
The beach is not the best, but there are beach chairs and towels if you want to go somewhere else. We found the beach at the Buccaneer and Taramindo to be great and chairs were very reasonable there.
The "Christmas winds" blew through the house the whole time and we never used the AC. This made snorkeling on the north side of the island choppy and difficult. Trips to Buck Island were cancelled a couple of days we were there.
Really enjoyed sailing with Bilinda. Golfing at the Buccaneer was great and they never charges as much as they quoted. We played with club rental for $160 total to 2 people. Well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USIV with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands