Having just retired, my wife and I wanted a really special vacation experience to commemorate the event. We combed the internet looking at hotels/resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic. We spoke with travel agents and read countless reviews. There was frankly too much information. We finally chose the USVI/St Croix and The Buccaneer hotel for a 5 day/f4night stay from which we just returned.
The Buccaneer sits on a 350 acre site with a spectacular view of multiple beaches, the water and the surrounding hills. We had a deluxe ocean front room that was literally 20 feet from the beach. We snorkeled, kayaked, and just plain relaxed on the beach with good books. We ate all our meals at the resort--a complete breakfast was included.
Noteworthy was the attitude of all the staff we encountered. From our warm welcome by the bellman until we departed, I have never quite experienced such universal good humor. I have traveled the world extensively and can honestly say that the Buccaneer staff has mastered the art of customer service to a degree that I have not previously experienced.
Bottom line: across the board, we could not have had a better experience. I would highly recommend the Buccaneer.
- Also Known As:
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel Christiansted
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel
- Buccaneer St Croix Christiansted
- The Buccaneer St Croix
- Buccaneer St Croix
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Buccaneer -- St Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.