Our family stayed at the nearby Palms at Pelican Cove, for the 11 nights we were just in St. Croix, but we visited the Buccaneer for our last day. We paid a bit over $100 for a day use room, which was very reasonable- gave us the same benefits as the other hotel guests, and gave us a clean, cool place to relax and change out of our wet clothes at the end of the day.
We were spoiled by snorkeling at the Palms as well as at Buck Island and Cane Bay, so in comparison, the Buccaneer was pretty lousy; almost fish-less, for snorkeling, although we did not go far out. Mermaid Beach was the best beach we visited the whole time, though, for swimming with kids- very calm and swimmable. And the beach toys and floats that the guests could use whenever, was also a nice touch. Our 3 boys also enjoyed playing basketball, tetherball and chess on the beach, which was fun for them.
The room was modern, and spotless and the view from the patio of the Grotto area and beach, as well as the sunset over the mountains, was amazing.
It was much fancier than the Palms, but there were also a lot more people there, and not as much privacy. I think if we return to St. Croix in the future, we'd still stay at the Palms, but would visit the beautiful Buccaneer again for a day or two. PS: Oceanna at the front desk was super in replying to my inquiries about visiting the property.
- Also Known As:
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel Christiansted
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel
- Buccaneer St Croix Christiansted
- The Buccaneer St Croix
- Buccaneer St Croix
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere, Preferred Hotels, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Buccaneer -- St Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.