“Wow!! Buccaneer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Buccaneer -- St Croix

Save Saved
You added The Buccaneer -- St Croix to your Saves list
The Buccaneer -- St Croix
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5007 Estate Shoys, Gallows Bay | PO Box 25200, Christiansted 00824, St. Croix   |
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
North reading
“Wow!! Buccaneer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a great stay. Arrived just I time for Elizabeth cocktail party. We had an ocean view in the Great a House very nice. Downstairs to breakfast and both restaurants. Beach are clean and you have three to pick from. Two pools. We used the Spa twice great experience. It appears to me that everyone working here really enjoys it. They truely are thoughtful. We decided against a car and used taxis for our couple of trips to town. We took the island thru the hotel about four hours very nice. We had a little dampness problem with the room and were quickly shown three oceanfront deluxe rooms to pick from, unexpected upgrade. We ate on site most of the time and it was very good the view from any of the dinning options was breathtaking. Very few rain showers last only a few minutes. Wifi and cell service everywhere. Can lay on the beach and use your iPad on wifi. I would like to name one person who made our trip a dream Nadia Boubouneau I could name many however the list would be very long. We had checked put and just about to get in our taxi to the airport when I got a email notification of our flight from San Juan to Boston was cancelled. The hotel found us a onceanfront room and we were back on the beach in 45 min. You won't find a better place on St Criox.

Room Tip: Rooms in the great house make it easy to breakfast and dinner. However ocean front rooms are very cl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We did not stay at the Buccaneer, but spent several days at the beach there and ate at the Mermaid beach restaurant. Since we rented a home up in the hills we did not have a beach to go to and the Buccaneer was recommended as one of the beaches. We absolutely loved it there. The Mermaid is a great restaurant for lunch and drinks while you are on the beach. You can have your lunch under the restaurant pavilion or right on the beach. The beach is very nice and the water was calm and nice to swim in. As a treat there were iguanas visiting on the beach and dock area so they were fun to watch. I do not know the man's name at the gate but he was so friendly and got to know my name since we were in an out of the resort so much. I enjoyed seeing him every time we went in to the resort. Sorry I did not get to say goodbye to him. I loved this place. We had the best of both worlds - a nice house in the hills and a beautiful beach nearby to go to.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Buccaneer is a stunning property situated on a several long stretches of beach in St Croix. The resort itself has a very classic and timeless feel to it. The 300 acre property has everything you can ever think about doing on a vacation - especially golf and easy access to its two private beaches with white sand and turquoise waters. The resort is guarded and protected by security which adds comfort to your stay. The service is impeccable. The resort is spread out so it's often quite a walk to the restaurant. Within seconds of picking up your phone (every single time without fail), a car is at your front door in less then a minute to take you anywhere on the property that you like. The service is truly 5 star. And let's not forget about the beautiful white sand beach and cafe right behind it. It's the perfect place to relax and the Buccaneer has exclusive access to it. You can also walk to a secluded beach which is very close. Lastly, the views are spectacular and because there is so much open space around the resort, you are often rewarded with giant rainbows early in the morning.

All in all, it's safe to say that the Buccaneer is the best resort in St. Croix.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was our first trip to Saint Croix and our first Bucaneer experience. We consider ourself truly fortunate to have discovered what ended up to be the best vacation of our lives. The trip there via Jet Blue was fabulous from Boston to San Juan and then a quick 22 minute flight to Saint Croix. The resort itself was breathtaking. The grounds, the restaurants, the rooms are all spectacular. The three beaches and the activities available to myself and my children kept everyone happy and smiling. The food was amazing and delicious. The resort has a wonderful island casual feel and the service was refined and gracious. We fell in love the the wonderful warm hospitality shown to us. From Diane in reservations, who helped us to book the perfect room, to Oceanna at the front desk, to Julie at concierge, to our friend CJay at the beach outfitting us with sea kayaks and snorkling gear each day, to Delma and Melrose and Devin in the restaurant who made each morning bright, to Bachelor the van driver who provided transportation and history lessons in route, to Vicki in Sales who insured our stay was everything we wanted it to be and more....I cannot say enough about the Bucaneer. We talked to many many families and couples during our one week stay who were celebranting their 2nd, 5th, 10th and even 22nd year coming back to the resort to relax and enjoy Saint Croix and the Bucaneer. It's easy to understand why they come back year after year. We cannot wait to make a return visit and already feel like we are part of the Bucaneer family.

Centrral Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We visited the Buccaneer from 1/5-1/15 of this year (2014). This was our 5th visit since 2006. We keep coming back for a reason. Quite simply, the Buccaneer continues to be the best of anywhere we have stayed. The level of service that is provided is simply incredible. It seems that every single person on staff is obsessed with making sure you have a wonderful stay. The grounds are beautiful, the food excellent, the location and views terrific, and the staff will do everything possible to accommodate whatever it is you want to do. The tennis facilities are top notch and the beaches relaxing (especially the Mermaid Beach). We occasionally think of visiting some other place, but can't find a good reason to do so when the Buccaneer continues to shine like it does. highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the point. The view of the water is fabulous.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I cannot imagine staying at any other hotel on St. Croix other than the Buccaneer. IIts very safe, private with Golf Course, Gym, facilities for jogging, beach restaurants apart from the main restaurant. It was so amazing to see the staff welcoming guests who go there every year!!! I felt like a celebrity because all the staff recognised me, they went out of their way to ensure that I had the breakfast I needed whether it was on the menu or not, Phyllis who is the supervisor at breakfast ensured that I had my usual seat with a scenic view, and Ozzie and Babylon saw to my every need at breakfast. The room was as usual - to live for. and Caryl made it her duty to find out whether I was happy with my room and to let her know whether there was anything she could do to make my stay and enjoyable one. How's that for service??? dinner was amazing at the Buccaneer. I had lobster to live for!!! Just an amazing hotel with wonderful staff. The true test of Customer service came when I was trying to get a flight out of St. Croix to the UK. All flights to New York were cancelled and Diane stayed on the phone for 1hr (ONE HOUR!!!) until she got me a flight via Miami!!! I have NEVER seen such dedication to a client as I did with Diane!!! She deserves to be Staff of the year!!! Thank you Diane!!

Room Tip: Discuss your preference with staff. I needed a room on the beach so that I could see the beach from...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Only 1.5 miles from downtown Christiansted, the Buccaneer is a beautiful resort, with rolling hills, three sand beaches, and 18 hole golf course. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, with excellent views of the shore and sea.

The main building sits on a hilltop, with a terrace bar and restaurant and incredible vistas of sea and mountains; we made a point of stopping by before dinner for a drink and to watch the sunset.
There is a beautiful running/walking path that winds around the golf course and along the beach, which we put to good use each morning. A great way to build an appetite for the buffet breakfast.
The staff were friendly and helpful; quick to respond to any special request.
Overall, we had a great time at the Buccaneer and recommend it to anyone planning a trip to St. Croix.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Buccaneer -- St Croix? Share your experiences!