Just back from probably my 8th visit to the Buccaneer, and every time I am so glad I made the journey to this little piece of class and charm on the largely undeveloped and natural island of St Croix, USVI.. First off, there is space here - plenty of wide, grassy lawns and grounds. This isn't the kind of place where rooms and buildings take up every square inch of land. You have views for miles from the charming coral-colored main 'house,' where a bar and restaurant is located, as well as a number of rooms and suites. The main beach isn't towel-to-towel people, and a second beach a short walk away provides even more solitude. You can actually walk the grounds and imagine yourself living on a grand private estate!
Something else that rates high in my book is the fact that this resort does not nickel and dime its guests at every turn. No need to pay extra to use a beach chair or to borrow some snorkel gear or a kayak. No wifi or charge to print a boarding pass or resort fee. Some of this may sound minor, but I appreciate how this resort makes you feel at home and actually like a guest of theirs.
Finally, the entire staff is so wonderful. Everyone is always so friendly and pleased to share their seaside paradise, and they will become people you look forward to seeing each day of your stay. The hospitality all around is just effortless!
I could also go on about the great food in the restaurants and the classic and original - and strong! - drinks at the bars, but more than anything else, this is the kind of resort where people are really just happy to be there. Don't be surprised if you strike up genuine conversations and friendships with other guests at the beach or the main house - everyone there seems to be in a different mind-set than you might find at a more high-strung or pretentious resort.
Location-wise it also can't be beat - two perfect private beaches, and a short cab ride into Christiansted town where there are also some really amazing restaurants, the likes of which you might not have expected on this quiet island.
It's a very low key place where everything seems to have been thought of and prepared for your arrival. Rooms are well appointed and have great, comfortable beds, many with amazing views. You really can't go wrong here if you are looking for a homey resort that still has comfortable luxury.
- Also Known As:
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel Christiansted
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel
- Buccaneer St Croix Christiansted
- The Buccaneer St Croix
- Buccaneer St Croix
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Preferred Hotels, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Buccaneer -- St Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.