“Back In Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Buccaneer -- St Croix

Save Saved
You added The Buccaneer -- St Croix to your Saves list
The Buccaneer -- St Croix
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5007 Estate Shoys, Gallows Bay | PO Box 25200, Christiansted 00824, St. Croix   |
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
London
“Back In Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to St. Croix for my Mum's funeral. The saddest time of my life. I stayed at The Buccaneer Hotel with my Sons and Partner. I have always rated The Buccaneer as a top class hotel and expected nothing more.

Upon arriving, I checked in and told Diane who is one of the Managers that I was there for Mum's funeral. She immediately expressed her condolences. The following morning, she came to see us at breakfast to find out whteher all was well and whether there was anything that Iwe wanted which was not on the menu, I told her that we would have loved some smoked herring. as we turned up a bit late for breakfast, she told me that we would have it the next morning. On our arrival for breakfast,we were served smoked herring (Mum's favourite). The supervisor Phyllis was absolutely brilliant, always ensuring that we were served to our pleasure. Frances and Babylon were so attentive, that they helped taking my mind off the stress of losing Mum and made me smile quite a lot.

I also read with interest the comments by another Trip Advosor Member about CJ. Well, my sons love CJ. He sorted them out with the Kayak and snokling and gave them brilliant advise and he also took me to see the exotic Iguanas in the grotto beach. I was so amazed. I actually saw orange iguanas!!!! My favourite reptiles!!! Alvin in the bar was also wonderful. My husband arrived in the afternoon and wanted a snack. The snack bar opened at 5 0r 6pm. It was around 4:30pm. Alvin said no problem and sorted out a snack for all of us. We were extremely pleased.

My sons and Partner loved the fact that the gym was 24 hours!!! It's just superb..

The staff are so accommodating!!!! I shall be returning in December. Well done to Diane and her Team!!!! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

733 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been blessed by being able to visit the Buccaneer 3 times in the past 7 years!
It's a short ride from the airport to the hotel. As you pass through the front gates you will feel like you just entered the Garden of Eden. Simply beautiful!
A walking path around the property gives you views that are breathtaking.
Our rooms had the most fabulous view of the ocean and breathtaking sunsets.
The only thing that can match the beauty of your surroundings is the staff!
From check in to check out they made us feel like royalty!
There was always a smile to greet you at every turn.
Sit down and enjoy a cocktail or two at the Terrace bar and I'm sure that Larry will make you something special. Also at the Terrace Restaurant enjoy some of the finest dining with stunning views of the property.
We can't wait to get back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Buccaneer terrace resteraunt has been elevated to a new high with their new executive chef. My husband and I were visiting friends for my birthday and we decided to go there for dinner. Each of us had something different and we only had praises for the food. The chef came out to great us and we were very impressed. Our waiter Alvin was attentive and efficient. (He has created his own hot sauce and we loved that too!) The Buccaneer offers so many amenities that you may be tempted to off site, but please eat dinner there one evening and enjoy the food and the sunset. It will be memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited this beach on a day excursion from a cruise. Our taxi driver brought us here and it was paradise from the moment we arrived! A beautiful beach with all the amenities - sand, surf, chairs, shade, washrooms, bar, restaurant.... we were sad to leave at the end of the day, and will return again for a full vacation at this beautiful location!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had a wonderful time at the Buccaneer. This place is wonderful with a walking path and beautiful golf courses and friendly staff to match. I also saw beautiful wild life and enjoyed wonderful food overlooking the magnificent beach. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly and I hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are usually quiet and peaceful and have a terrific view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the first minuet of my arrival to the very last moment I drove out of the winding driveway, from the service,to the ambiance and amenities at the Buccaneer, everything was fantastic. The views and the beaches are exclusive and relaxing. I loved the complimentary breakfast every morning as well as the fantastic cuisine offered at the restaurants in the evening.

The polite and fast acting service of the staff and administration was great and I was always greeted with a clean room with plenty of towels and toiletries. One could take full advantage of the hiking trail for a morning walk or go to the gym to workout. You wouldn't miss anything while staying there . Its highly recommended from me.

Room Tip: Mostly all of the rooms have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A wonderful self contained resort with its own beaches, restaurants, golf course and tennis courts. Large staff is unfailingly friendly and polite. We had a room which opened up to its own beach. The nicest hotel on the island in my opinion with a helpful concierge who will help you with tours, excursions and taxis.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach are a bit more but worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Buccaneer -- St Croix? Share your experiences!