“Impeccable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Buccaneer -- St Croix

Save Saved
You added The Buccaneer -- St Croix to your Saves list
The Buccaneer -- St Croix
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5007 Estate Shoys, Gallows Bay | PO Box 25200, Christiansted 00824, St. Croix   |
Special Offer
FREE Buccaneer Treasures!
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Impeccable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the first minuet of my arrival to the very last moment I drove out of the winding driveway, from the service,to the ambiance and amenities at the Buccaneer, everything was fantastic. The views and the beaches are exclusive and relaxing. I loved the complimentary breakfast every morning as well as the fantastic cuisine offered at the restaurants in the evening.

The polite and fast acting service of the staff and administration was great and I was always greeted with a clean room with plenty of towels and toiletries. One could take full advantage of the hiking trail for a morning walk or go to the gym to workout. You wouldn't miss anything while staying there . Its highly recommended from me.

Room Tip: Mostly all of the rooms have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A wonderful self contained resort with its own beaches, restaurants, golf course and tennis courts. Large staff is unfailingly friendly and polite. We had a room which opened up to its own beach. The nicest hotel on the island in my opinion with a helpful concierge who will help you with tours, excursions and taxis.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach are a bit more but worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a family with young kids... We have three children under 7 and stayed in the family cottage suite with is perfect. It has a king bed, a window bed, a connecting room with two double beds, with a trundle underneath (could fit two adults and four kids comfortably... Hotel is clean and accomodating...There are several beaches on property, two pools..One pool on the beach that is small, but there is never anyone there. Also the grotto has great kids meals, chicken tenders, grilled cheese, with fresh fruit, fries fro $5.95....The hotel is very spaced out but we had no problem navigating... WE tried the kids club one day, but I would rather spend the day with kids on the beach...The had pails and shovels for the kids, very family friendly resort. Always felt safe at the resort, howver that is not always the case on some parts of the island. The breaksfast is great for the family, and a good start.. We always took fruit and cereal boxes back to the room, for snack later...
I would never be downtown at night with the kids, it can be borderline dangerous.... I suggest taking a trip to the Carambola on the other side of the island, nice beach,, nice pool, stop at the Waves of Cane Bay for lunch and the beach is nice too...CRAB RACES a must for the kids...

Room Tip: Family cottage suites for family of five recommended..
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Port Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location is the best. Hotel has everything to offer. On site Tennis and 18 holes of Golf, Three beaches and toys to play with. Service is really terrific. You can park your car near your room and have easy access. The restaurants are great and the views spectacular.

Room Tip: If you can afford the ocean front rooms then take it. Ask for a room in between the Grotto and Merma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rye Brook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just having returned from the Buccaneer Beach Hotel in Saint Croix, I had to let you know how wonderful our stay was at our beautiful ocean front villa. The room was spacious and well appointed with a wonderful Jacuzzi and very nice amenities. There 's lots to do at the hotel for everyone with water sports, sun, spa, tennis and on site 18 hole golf course. The breakfast assortment along with the friendly staff was amazing. I was quite taken with all of Saint Croix and all it has to offer, especially the amount of outstanding restaurants. Most of all, I would return again to the Buccaneer. This is a very well run hotel with a great efficient, friendly staff.

Room Tip: the deluxe pool view room with the wood vaulted ceiling is very nice. Also you could ask for the &q...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We recently stayed at the Buccaneer and it was the most perfect resort we have ever visited. The staff was so warm and friendly and the service was impeccable. This resort is BY FAR the nicest resort on the island. It is beautiful with a perfect location. The room was beautiful with a fabulous view of the sea off our patio. We had a car so we were able to around the island to various beaches to snorkel. The hotel staff booked an island sightseeing trip for us and it was so much fun, And we met so many nice visitors at the Managers happy hour. I can not recommend this resort more highly. It is a little place of paradise on a beautiful island. We will return again to be sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Delux Ocean View room....perfect location on a hill, close to the main plantation h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

When i first got to this hotel i thought i wasted my money (to be honest). The grass was dry and brown, the buildings needed painting ect....But I went there for the beach and nothing else, i first went to the mermaid beach but it was crowded (cruise ship was in) so i went to the grotto beach which was more quiet, i sat at the pool an thought i'd go for a swim in it, i stuck my big toe in (i live in NY) i will be honest with you the water in that pool was almost the same as the water back home at the time...(freezing cold) i changed my mind from the pool) i went for a walk on the beach instead, the water was filled with rocks/reef a lady named Leila (she was nice) told me where to enter the water ( a narrow area which was the only entrance to the entire beach because of the rocks/reef) i didn't go in an i decided to go back to my room (leila called me a bell-man who took me straight to my room) i stayed in my room all night wondering if i should stay at the hotel or leave. With a whole lot of prayer asking god for help the next day i decided to give it another chance (oh was i glad i did) the next day after breakfast i was going to the mermaid beach and on the way this young man passed me an he said with a smile "Good morning mam, will you be joining me at the mermaid beach today" i looked up to the sky wondering if god sent him to help me an he looked up wondering what i was looking at an said "i don't think its going to rain today" an i started laughing, an off we went. I enjoyed every second of my time at the buccaneer from that moment... We talked an talked an talked, he got me a seat close to where he was sitting an we talked some more. He said he just moved to the island so he didn't know much about where things were but when i needed to know anything he would pull out his i-phone an ask it where stuff were an the i-phone would come up with the answer... I wanted to go for a swim but i realized the other guest found it difficult to get in an out of the water but it wasn't difficult for me at all because Cj was right there holding my hand entering and exiting the water. The next day he taught me how to snorkel (I've bin to classes to learn how to snorkel for years an still didn't know how to an in a matter of minutes he had me in the water swimming around). The day after that he sent me kayaking (i've never bin kayaking before, he taught me that too). On other days we played basketball and soccer or as he would say football (we argued most days about the name). Cj is extremely nice an knows how to take care of an old lady, i only went to the beach when he was working an which beach he was scheduled to work,,.,, he did everything for me an when i asked him why he was so nice, i would never ever forget what he said to me... "ON VACATION YOUR JOB IS SIMPLY TO RELAX...AND ITS MY JOB TO HELP" :) :) :) :) :) .... I've bin to many hotels in the caribbean before an i could honestly say its bin the most attention i ever got from an employee (oh how i wish i was young again :) ) as long as he's there next year I'm sure to be back an bringing my whole family next time

• Stayed February 2013

Been to The Buccaneer -- St Croix? Share your experiences!