“Under full sail” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with tarpons, and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix!
STX
4 attraction reviews
“Under full sail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Another great sunset sail with Captain Dee and crew. I love a sail with just invited friends (we were 4) and not a throng of others. The engine was turned off as soon as we left the boat mooring area and we were under sail the rest of the way to Green Cay and back.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thanks for your review of your sunset sailing cruise with your friends! Nice to see the locals out supporting small businesses like ours! It was great meeting all your friends. I hope the music concert in the park was a perfect way to spend time after sailing! It's so great to sail into the harbor and hear all the talented musicians playing live music as we sail past the gazebo.
See you around the Rock!!

New York, NY
5 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable time! Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked the Full-Day sail. There are so many words to describe the unbelievable time we had that I'm just going to point out the many main highlights.

1. Captain Dee and First Mate Cole, they made us feel like the boat was ours too. Hospitality was amazing.

The picked us up on the Christiansted boardwalk and whisked us away to Green Cay Island. The ride was most enjoyable as we had moderate winds that day so the boat was full of life. Once we arrived at Green Cay, Cole gave us a snorkel trip where we saw a Stingray, lots of colorful fish, and some coral. When we got back on the boat, Captain Dee made us a local Chicken lunch that was delicious. After lunch we headed towards Louise Augusta (Captain Dee let me sail)! and we docked they're for awhile and thats when I got to live my childhood dream of jumping off the side of a yacht! What a rush! And we got a picture of it too!

After that we headed back to port to return to normalcy.... Sad.

My wife and I will never forget this trip, it was truly the highlight of our Honeymoon. I highly recommend if you visit St.Croix to charter Zulu for the full day, a half day is just not enough for such an amazing time. Thank you Captain Dee and First Mate Cole.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
My Honeymooner's that like champagne.. A BIG HELLO to you.. I hear you are having a huge snow
Storm in the Northeast. You should have stayed longer! Cole and I had a blast with you. We enjoyed sharing our boat and sharing the day. I hear the New Years Eve party at your hotel was the biggest party of the year.. I am sure you didn't miss the Fire Dancers and Kurt Schindler.. Nice show huh.. Ole Captn Dee was in bed by 9:00 as usual:)
Come back and we will show you more of the best Rock in the Caribbean. Thanks for your
great review..enjoy your New ZULU shirt and hat!!!
St. Croix
“Go Day cruise or Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for an enjoyable cruise and want the best! have Capt. Dee and her crew show you St. Croix's harbor and beyond. My wife and I make it a point to join Capt. Dee on the Zulu every couple of months. You will not be disappointed. We have enjoyed both types of cruise, day and sunset.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you and Happy New Year! We have been experiencing high winds and have been trying to
Get out sailing! Since we are extremely sensitive to guests safety we have had to cancel a few trips
Due to wind and rain. You guys lucked out and we were able to get you and your parents out
Safely. It's always a pleasure taking you and C out sailing . Thanks for supporting our little business. It was great meeting your parents. We love having you aboard.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Fantastic trip - best sailing experience on island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Captain Dee is a great sailor, nice person, and fun to spend time with. We felt like we had 2 new friends after a 4 hour sail ( her mate was Cole on our trip). I went with my fiancé and 15 year old son. Dee gave us a better feel for the island's culture, made us some healthy food, and kept us entertained with her knowledge of the island. Cole took us to a great snorkeling spot, gave us some tips for doing it right, and he had a good sense of humor. It was fun to watch him do his deep dives in the water and rouse the fish for us. We saw a huge stingray! If you don't like crowded boats (and crowded snorkeling), and you want a real sailing experience on a nice 36 foot boat you will love Bilinda Charters. It's the real deal with great people. Happy New Year, Dee!

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I really appreciate you taking time to write us a great review. This year 's trip advisor reviews have been a blessing for our little business as we continue to offer our guests and " new found friends" an authentic sailing day!
I really liked meeting you and Cole and I loved all the stories! It's fun sharing stories. Everyone says we should write the best stories our guests have shared. I think the one your fiancé told about his days as a journalist is a winner!!
Have a wonderful New Year and don't miss Point Udall sunrise to bring in 2014 or the party at the Deep End if you can make it!!
See you again!
5 attraction reviews
“Tranquil sailing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you are looking for a fun, educational, and RELAXING sail then this is the trip for you. Captain Dee's and her crew will take you on an adventure out of Christiansted on a single hull sloop (not a catamaran) named Zulu. She can sail up to 6 passengers and do what you want - snorkeling, 1/2 day, full day, sunset cruise etc. My wife and I opted for a 1/2 day cruise with snorkeling followed by appetizers. Captain Dee will fill you in on the sights and even give a little history lesson. She is very knowledgeable about sailing and is more than happy to answer any questions you may have. If the conditions are right, you can take the wheel. She also offers a 1/2 day sailing lesson, which I may take advantage of next time. Yes, there will definitely be a next time!!

Visited November 2013
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We want to thank you for sailing with us aboard ZULU and sharing your experience with the TA community. We have many different private excursions for you to choose that will fit your schedule
during your busy vacation. Many just sit back and enjoy the historical sites and lovely coastline, while others like a more interactive experience. This season we are offering a Discover Sailing tour.
You can learn a bit more about the mechanics of sailing while still enjoying snorkeling, snacking and snoozing:)
I remember your story about how you were going to take sailing lessons but an set of life events
prevented you from fulfilling your dream. If you ever want to learn to sail I would be happy to get you started. Hope to see you both on the Rock again!