“Nice way to see the sights” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with tarpons, and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix!
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Nice way to see the sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My family (me, hubbie and 17 year-old daughter) experienced a very relaxing afternoon sailing off of Green Cay in St. Croix with Captain Dee and her first mate, Jason. Friendly, personable and fun, Dee and the crew made us feel right at home. The sights were lovely, as were the snack morsels they provided after our snorkel. My daughter began to feel sea sick and Capt. Dee immediately both provided tools for relief, and handed over (supervised) control of the helm to her, taking her mind off it entirely. I passed on the snorkel trip but my family said it was good, although the visibility left something to be desired due to churning seas. There are a number of sailing charter companies on the island, but if you want a fun, safe, and relaxing trip, check out Capt. Dee and Bilinda Charters!

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks for the review. Sometimes the visability is not 100% Mother Natures didn't fully cooperate that day:) Next time I will make sure you get in the water and snorkel on lovely
"Purple Fingers" reef.

4 attraction reviews
“So much fun and great interactive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My daughter (13), nephew (11) and I had a fabulous sailing trip aboard the beautiful Zulu during our vacation on St. Croix. Captian Dee and her first mate Jason took us out on a 4 hour trip to a secluted reef for great snorkling. One the spirited sail out, the kids helped to hoist sails and steer the boat, and learned a lot about the boat and the St Croix environment. Once we anchored on the "purple finger" reef, Jason fitted us with well maintained snorkling equipment and then led us on our journey to see sting rays, lobsters, coral and beautiful fish. My nephew decided to stay on board Zulu, where he had a nice talk with Captain Dee and learned more about th boat. Once we were done with snorkling, we were provided some welcomed snacks and drinks and then enjoyed a relaxing down-wind sail back to the marina. The expert sailer Captain Dee brought Zulu safely into the slip without having to turn on the inboard motor. So far this has been been the highlight of our vacation - thanks again Captain Dee and Jason!

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I want to thank you for coming sailing with us this week. The weather has been picture perfect for the last two weeks. I really enjoyed your daughter and nephew ,they were very enthusiastic and appreciative of the whole experience.
I am happy you took my recommendation regarding the eco-kayak trip..you can't go wrong with all the great hikes and tours offered on St. Croix.
Hopefully we will see you next year..
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Spectacular way to spend the day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Sailing with Dee and Ty was such an amazing experience. My husband and I decided to do something unique and different for my birthday (as if coming to St. Croix wasn't enough), so we wanted to try our hand at sailing. We had such a wonderful time learning how to sail, seeing the sights of Buck Island, watching the kite boarders, snorkeling with Ty and telling stories with Dee. We have done several large group trips on catamarans and wanted a more personal experience, one where didn't feel like cattle being herded from point A to B and this was nothing but the opposite. I got to try my hand at sailing and learned some lingo in the process which was so much fun! Ty was a great snorkel guide and showed us many things that we would have missed had we been alone. The snacks on the boat were great! Dee's chicken salad is amazing and taste even better with a Presidente after snorkeling! They even sang Happy Birthday and gave me a candle to blow out. We did the afternoon sail and caught the sunset at the end and it was breath taking.
This was truly one of the highlights of our trip and money well spent. Such a fun way to spend an afternoon, experienced sailors or not.

Visited January 2012
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
OMG Thank you so much for all the pictures. The one of Ty looking like a male model was particularly good! I really hope you could post a few for people to see on this page. They are some of the coolest shots I have seen for some time. Yes...your little bday celebrations will be one to remember. Thanks for coming out with us. Ty is doing hikes and kayak adventures. He really fun to work with and I hope his business takes off. He deserves it..
Come back and hang with us again..
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
6 attraction reviews
“What a great sail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a wonderful relaxing day we had on our full day sail with Dee and her first-mate Ryan. Dee was very informative on how to sail and on details about St Croix. They were both great with showing us how to snorkel and on telling us about the marine life. We look forward to sailing with Dee again on our next visit to St Croix.
Rhonda and Jason

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
You guys were lucky you had 2 captains on board on your day. I really enjoyed letting Ryan sail the boat. He was really good!
Thanks so much for the review. I have been looking at the weather in your neck of the woods and it appears a bit nippy:) Come back..we will be waiting at the dock for you.
long island ny
15 attraction reviews
“Great way to start a vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

With Dee as our captain, we started our vacation with a day of sailing in St. Croix. It was a great experience for us. Since this was my first sailing adventure, I was a little reluctant about becoming sea sick and not knowing how to snorkel but that immediately faded...Dee' s experience and warmth quickly took over. With Mike as her mate, we enjoyed a wonderful day. The island is beautiful and this is a great way to see it. Bilinda charters is the best kept secret..If you are looking for a great day away from the masses, this is for you..

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the review. I really like it when folks like you that are reluctant about snorkeing end up having a great experience. After all isn't that what trying new things is all about! We are so grateful that you came out with us and pushed yourselves to experience the lovely waters and reefs we are known for on St. Croix. If you ever want to stay down here for a week there are wonderful and reasonable villas and bed and breakfasts to stay.
Keep the wind at your back!