“One word...baklava!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“One word...baklava!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Had dinner there a couple nights prior to the Sprint Triathlon and had their baklava....mouth watering! The owner asked if we had ever tried baklava ice cream, gave us a sample...was delicious. When i was running past the restaurant during the race, the owner was cheering us on...and I said...baklava ice cream. He said, come back later, it's on me. And I did!!!

• Visited May 2014

“Authentic Greek.. fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We loved everything we tried.. but especially the baklava and baklava ice cream. The owner was gracious. The kitchen was a little slow the night we were there so he sent us all complimentary dessert.. great customer service. Use the mosquito repellent they provide you will need it.

• Visited May 2014
Allendale, Illinois
“Tickled About Pickled Greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Not much for atmosphere, but the food is top notch. Pricey, though. Don't remember the name of the entree but it was appropriately Greeky. What was really special was the homemade baklava ice cream. Get that if nothing else!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“GOTTA HAVE THE BAKLAVA ICE CREAM, you just gotta!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were driving around the island and talked to several people because we were "jonesin" for ice cream. After hearing for the third time that we need to try the baklava ice cream at Pickled Greek we decided to go. Oh My, why we waited for three people to tell us is still a mystery. We should have gone as soon as it was recommended to us. When we walked in the owner said immediately, How are you, sit down anywhere I'll get you something to drink. It was like walking into a someones house who knows you. Just great. We sat he suggested we have some wine, of course we immediately said we want the baklava ice cream. He recommended that we get two scoops. Of course I am trying to eat well, said no one will be just fine. His reply: "I know you'll want another scoop" Well I thought: "you don't know me, I will be fine with just one scoop!" Yeah well, I was wrong. I had ONE scoop and realized that I'll be needing another scoop to go.
So if you've read the review so far, just do what he says and have two scoops. After all, you're on vacation and YOU deserve two scoops maybe even three? Going back in a few to get one more before leaving the island. I will be back Pickled Greek, I will be back!
Oh before I forget, read all the little sayings that on their walls. Very interesting and funny.

• Visited April 2014
Christiansted
“fun and casual environment and reasonably priced but still not worth it to me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't like the food here at all but others seem to....I went back recently to give it another chance and was dissappointed...but I am a vegetarian...so can't comment oth meat selections...

• Visited February 2014