“Authentic Greek.. fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Authentic Greek.. fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We loved everything we tried.. but especially the baklava and baklava ice cream. The owner was gracious. The kitchen was a little slow the night we were there so he sent us all complimentary dessert.. great customer service. Use the mosquito repellent they provide you will need it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Allendale, Illinois
“Tickled About Pickled Greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Not much for atmosphere, but the food is top notch. Pricey, though. Don't remember the name of the entree but it was appropriately Greeky. What was really special was the homemade baklava ice cream. Get that if nothing else!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“GOTTA HAVE THE BAKLAVA ICE CREAM, you just gotta!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were driving around the island and talked to several people because we were "jonesin" for ice cream. After hearing for the third time that we need to try the baklava ice cream at Pickled Greek we decided to go. Oh My, why we waited for three people to tell us is still a mystery. We should have gone as soon as it was recommended to us. When we walked in the owner said immediately, How are you, sit down anywhere I'll get you something to drink. It was like walking into a someones house who knows you. Just great. We sat he suggested we have some wine, of course we immediately said we want the baklava ice cream. He recommended that we get two scoops. Of course I am trying to eat well, said no one will be just fine. His reply: "I know you'll want another scoop" Well I thought: "you don't know me, I will be fine with just one scoop!" Yeah well, I was wrong. I had ONE scoop and realized that I'll be needing another scoop to go.
So if you've read the review so far, just do what he says and have two scoops. After all, you're on vacation and YOU deserve two scoops maybe even three? Going back in a few to get one more before leaving the island. I will be back Pickled Greek, I will be back!
Oh before I forget, read all the little sayings that on their walls. Very interesting and funny.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christiansted
“fun and casual environment and reasonably priced but still not worth it to me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't like the food here at all but others seem to....I went back recently to give it another chance and was dissappointed...but I am a vegetarian...so can't comment oth meat selections...

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Croix
“Best authentic Greek food on island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have had dinner here several times and always enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is laid-back island style with mix and match utensils but the food is the reason we keep returning. The owner, Peter, is Greek and has created his dishes "the way my mother made them." Often people will break out in song and sometimes Peter will be seen dancing around the floor. OPA!

• Visited December 2013