“Very sad they were not open” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
McLean, Virginia
“Very sad they were not open”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My dad and I enjoy eating at restaurants where there are plenty of healthy options. This place is a must-eat when we are in St. Croix, but we were so sad to see that they were closed until some time soon. We definitely missed eating at Lalita and when we return next year a bit later we hope to find it open!

• Visited October 2013

95% Recommend
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent Vegan/Vegetarian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped in here for a light bite and had a GREAT meal. I had the Beet Lasagna and Lisa had the freshest Carrot Soup ever. The House Fruit Smoothies were Superb. It's located in the Kalima Health Center and has a nice open air atmosphere. We highly recommend this place a stop when walking around Christiansted.

• Visited July 2013
Union, MO
“Vegetarian's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I ate there almost every day for the week I was in St. Croix. I'm big into juicing and raw food and was so pleased with each experience. Everything is made fresh as you order. The raw lasagna was awesome and my favorite is the nut burger wrap. You can call ahead and grab it to go on your day trip or eat in the hidden treasure of the tropical courtyard, complete with a beautiful water fountain. A very peaceful place with great energy.

Visited June 2013
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“Yummy fresh juices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a raw, vegan juice-loving girl (in that I am not actually raw or vegan, or even vegetarian, but i LOVE the raw juicing thing, and consider myself a wannabe connoisseur), and was so thrilled to find this place on St. Croix. Everything was excellent, tasty, fresh and delicious. You don't miss the meat or the dairy. Beautiful patio, sort of a secret garden type atmosphere. Weird bathroom set up though-- you have to get a key from the bar. Great iced teas and smoothies. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Rye, New Hampshire
“A Hidden Gem ;}”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We too stumbled across the resturant. What a find. My boyfriend is vegetarian and I am a meat and potatoes sort of gal. Having dined her twice on our weekly vacation I can honestly say I did not miss the meat. To enjoy this place you must leave all your expectations at the door. When we ordered I had no idea it was raw food resturant and had never dined at one.so I was a little surprised when my cream of spinach soup was cold with no cream. But when the soup hit my taste buds, I could not eat it fast enough. It was the most delicious soup I have ever consumed. The lasagna was spectacular. Again expectations aside there was no red sauce or pasta but a very unique way of using thin zucchini for a substitution. As for the naysayers on the prices and speed of service, most everything on the island is shipped in unless locally grown. (I lived there years ago.) This is not a high volume resturant. I'm sure they staff what they can afford and still make some sort of profit. On our second night there a Saturday the 30th of March 2013, our bartender was our waiter who was also the cook. He did an excellent job. I think if I were to make a suggestion to the owner I would have the wait staff give a 30 sec synopses about the menu and its preparation to educate the newbies to raw food.
The court yard was beautiful with bananas growing in the center. If you go at dusk take a minute to look at the chickens in the lot next door flying up in the trees for the night. I didn't know chickens slept in trees. I threw in a photo. I highly recommend this resturant and would say I put it in the top three resturants I have ever dined at.

Visited March 2013