“Amazing Flavor that is fresh and healthy.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Amazing Flavor that is fresh and healthy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This really is a hidden gem. The place is casual and friendly. As I was the only one in there when I ordered I can not comment on the service as they were very attentive to me but also I noticed here in St. Croix service is friendly but a bit slow ... So when on vacation here just sit back and relax and take your time as that is how it is. When you do that "it's all good".

Now as far as the food goes. I really was so surprised. I ordered the Avocado Noti Roll. The presentation was beautiful and the flavors really melded together very well. From pickled ginger slivers to the spicy sauce used in the roll and how it mixed so well with the soy sauce it was flavor harmony. Then I ordered the Zucchini Fettuccine which was served with a pesto sauce and crushed nuts on top of a bed of lettuce. Wow is all I say. Again the textures and the flavor was divine and it was so much food that I had to take the leftovers home and had to order desert to go.

I know someone stated the portions were small but unless you are use to eating huge portions a la Olive Garden/Outback and finishing every bite then yeah maybe they may be considered below average. But the portions are more than generous for a regular appetite. And yes everything is server cold or at slightly below room temperature but I don't see that as an issue and it is a bit obvious from the name and its location. Everything here is about the best, most fresh that the earth has to offer and playing with spices and flavors to give the diner the best experience and I believe they hit it spot on. Wish I found this Gem much earlier instead of at the end of my trip.

Also the place it self was exceptionally clean from the dining area, to the open food and drink prep area and even down to the restroom. One of cleanest places I have been in St. Croix. Which I have not found many at all.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“A welcome lunch treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

So, the smoothies are way overpriced and not all that inventive, but on a hot hot August day, with a vegan and 2 vegetarians in tow, this place is an oasis.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxnard, California
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a beautiful little restaurant. If you are into juicing or are interested in it, I would highly recommend stopping by and giving it a try. They make your order right in front of you and you can take the freshness in all of the food. The courtyard and restaurant atmosphere is both relaxing and a great little escape from the streets of Christiansted.

Visited August 2012
RI, USA
“Good Food, Good for You, Unpretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Cool place. Kinda hippy but not at all preachy. Very friendly staff. Eclectic menu. Inside and outside seating areas.

Visited August 2012
st. petersburg, florida
“Great tasting smoothies in a very bohemian atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We wandered into this place off one of the main streets of Christiansted--King Street, which is the one way street going into town. It was hot and we were thirsty, so we were pleased to find a huge selection of healthy smoothies, none of which you would ever find on a Tropical Smoothie menu. They weren't cheap--$10.00 a throw for the specialty ones (ouch!), but the ingredients were pure and unique--I think I had some fresh ginger combined with pineapple in mine, my wife had one with raw cocoa in hers. Great for us, and the kids gradually took larger and larger sips of our drinks (I wasn't going to burn $40.00 for 4 different smoothies). Quite an extensive menu of healthy options, but we didn't have the energy to convince the kids there was something they would like there. The atmosphere features big couches to sit upon, in an airy courtyard, and the whole place has that whole hippie vibe (yoga classes, girls night out with aphrodisiac foods), but not so much that you feel uncomfortable, and the people were very friendly, but not like Moonies or anything. Just a very laid back and comfortable place to kill some time and have a special smoothie. It seemed like a place where the locals hang out, as well.

• Visited August 2012