“Not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am in St. Croix a few times a year and Cafe Christine is #1 on my list to visit every time. The food is, in a word - beautiful. Delicious with wonderful presentation. Service is attentive and caring. The outdoor patio delightful. After a few visits - we were addressed by name - every time we return. And we will return time and time again. As good as any food I have had in France. The only regret is that Cafe Christine is not open for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Gansevoort
“Better than average but not enough for "very good" rating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had been told to go to Christine's and it was interesting that it is only open for lunch on weekdays. It was pouring all morning and we were happy to find the outdoor seating area covered. There were several tables already reserved but we had no trouble being seated - probably because it was just noon. It was very warm and humid though rain had stopped. Interesting menu and I might have been inclined to try one of the more pricey dishes but was feeling a bit frugal on last day of trip and noticed they did not take credit cards. Opted for herb ice tea and two of us had the cold soup and salad. Another person had a larger salad with proscuitto I wish I had chosen. Waitress was pleasant though a bit affected and told us to simply push away the cat who was hanging around.
She described the soup in detail and it sounded quite good, but in fact it was on the thick side and heavy for cold soup - not sure what sort of bisque it was - didn't finish it. Salad and tea were fine. Darling bathroom in an out-building in courtyard. Server kept referring to chef in glowing terms but it was a mysterious who the "she" was - Christine? Couldn't see inside from porch since there is rubber slated screen covering the doorway but I saw the daily pies on counter when went to look for rest room - they are probably delicious but it was too hot for desert. While we were there another party of three arrived and sat at one of the reserved tables and there was another customer eating inside. The server seemed friendlier to other table outside but perhaps she knew them? Didn't really enjoy the lunch though that might have been my problem or the uncomfortable weather and the fact that they do not take any credit cards. I had just replenished cash at ATM for cab to airport the following day and had to return and spend another service fee to replenish again after paying cash for lunch. When I am home and at local restaurants that don't take cards, I am ok with it but on vacation I think merchants - especially in upscale restaurants - should take cards when even the smaller merchants take them. This was another annoyance. Might be more enjoyable under other circumstances and if prepared to pay cash. But in the end, I would recommend this for location and uniqueness.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“FANTASTIC (More PLEASE!!!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have to tell you this is a place that is NOT TO BE MISSED when in St. Croix. Unfortunately they are only open for lunch or I would be there all the time. The food is SO fresh and amazing blends of flavors make lunch at Cafe Christine's a memorable lip smacking happy tummy time. Make SURE you save room for one of her FREASH BAKED DAILY oh so good pies. My special favorite is the coconut. Actually THEY'RE ALL MY FAVORITES!!! Another nice thing is they serve wine if you like with your lunch. Makes for a wonderful afternoon. Christine has also done Catering for me for an open house I was having. Huge success.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I found Cafe Christine by chance and went inside to check the menu, we liked what we saw and the waitress was real nice.We had 3 other friends with us and the waitress told to
find them and to come back and they would be more than happy to sever us lunch,they where only open untill 2:30 pm. We found our friends right away and we where so excited about our discovery of a nice Restaraunt. Once we got back there at 1:30pm we where refused service because of some lame excuse that Chritine was was getting ready for some big Supper engagement that they would not be able to service us. We where told that they where only a for lunch Restaraunt.What a slap in the face,by the way we dressed nice and we would not be considered low life or snobs,we are hard working middle class people who tip well, we know how hard wait staff work for low pay and depend apon patrons how tip well

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denton, Tx
“OMG!! You gotta try this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

SO delicious. Definitely one of the Top 3 food experiences on the island. The service is a little slow; but it is well, well WELL worth the wait. You will not be disappointed. I had the Chicken Pasta dish and my husband had the vegetarian dish. Both were exceptional. We even got to meet the Chef Christine herself. Recommend to call for a reservation. You will not be disappointed. Frequented by the STX locals! YUM!!

Visited May 2013