“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 340-713-8666
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Food was great, atmosphere (once inside) very nice. i recommend eating on the patio, good music, good wine, good staff.

Visited June 2014

South Carolina
“Disappointed after rave reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We dined at Savant on our last night of our honeymoon, expecting a wonderful evening based off of the fabulous reviews. We dined in the courtyard, which has a lovely charming atmosphere...and that's where it ended.

First off, the lady who greeted us seemed perturbed that we even set foot into the restaurant...on a Friday evening...at dinner hour...with a reservation. How dare we! Turns out she was also going to be our waitress. After ordering our meal and receiving a glass of water and wine each, we never saw our waitress again. She only came back once to fill our water glasses after another server, who delivered our food, told her to do so. She never came back to check how the food was, if we wanted another glass of wine, or needed more water (food had issues, we would have liked another glass of wine, and water glasses are empty). My tuna steak was undercooked and my husbands lobster also not cooked well enough, however there was nothing we could do about it because she never came back to check on us. We ate our food, as it was edible, but certainly not what we were expecting.

Finally, after sitting with empty plates and wine/water glasses for at least 20mins, I had to flag down a different server to take our plates and bring our check ASAP. Bill finally came back, was wrong, had to be corrected, then finally paid for. While waiting for the other kind server to bring me my card so we could leave, our lady stopped by and asked if there was anything else she could get for us, like dessert....um, no thank you. we planned to leave and go down to Rum Runners for their amazing homemade cheesecake as soon as we could.

Never before have I not left a tip at a restaurant...I've been a bus-girl, barista, waitress, hostess, and I know how busy it can be at times! But never would I treat a table the way she treated us. That waitress got no tip from us and will not be getting our business again if/when we ever come back to St. Croix.

Oh, and because everything was incredibly slow at Savant, by the time we finally got to Rum Runners just down the street, they were all out of the cheesecake :(

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, Missouri
“Romantic Courtyard Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Savant was one of our most enjoyable dining experiences in St. Croix. Don't miss it! Call for a reservation and be sure to ask to sit in the outdoor courtyard. It is very romantic! While not on the ocean, you won't care. You will get lost in the charm of a very creative, outdoor courtyard that is magical - candles and twinkly lights in the trees. The staff is very personable! The daily specials are made with local produce and whatever the fresh catch of the day is.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sublime Savant in courtyard downpour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had an amazing dinner in the courtyard during a downpour, esp. lovely wine specials and a killer seared mahi wrapped in prosciutto with a sweet-corn pudding and exquisite salad... sad to see Kendricks go, but no worries about where to have a fine meal if, like me, you had missed this v. special STX place. Regards to Eric and all from happy eaters, friends of Mimi's...

Atlanta, Georgia
“So good we keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We never miss a chance to visit Savant when we are in St. Croix. We had the pleasure of introducing 2 friends to the restaurant and they loved it as much as we do. I started with the drink special - a very refreshing watermelon infused gin. As usual, the food specials were innovative and delicious - I shared the lobster egg rolls with 2 others (yes the portions are huge) and had the lobster tail special as my main. It really was the best Caribbean lobster I have ever had and rivaled cold water lobster. Being from the east coast, I never thought I would say that. Not only was the lobster beautifully prepared, but I was given the option of different sizes. Of course I went with the smaller and most succulent. Others had the fish special and one had the ribs. All raved about the food. Service was attentive, but not over bearing. I will be back again.