“New St.Croix favorite!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: 340-713-8666
“New St.Croix favorite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I dined at Savant with my boo on a Friday night outside in the courtyard setting. The atmosphere and ambiance of the courtyard setting is amazing. It's not too lighted but not too dark either...makes a lovely romantic dinner. The servers were very nice and checked on us an adequate amount of times. I was very impressed with the entire meal from appetizer to dessert. The chicken lollipops appetizer was to die for!!! Sooooooo scrumptious! The beer battered fish with special dipping sauce was so fresh and tasty as well. We both had a mahi special for dinner. I must say I have never had fish that is so moist, tender, and tasted very fresh. For desserts we picked frozen key lime pie and rum cake. My fave was the frozen key lime pie...it melted in my mouth and had the right amount of sweet and lime taste with an amazing crust. I will definetly be back to this lovely restaurant!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Ruston, Louisiana
“wonderful and very romantic....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

spent our anniversary dinner there .... was recommened by our hotel ..loved the courtyard and the food was great..

Visited July 2012
Colorado Springs
“Expensive, but very good fusion menu with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

You have your choice of a nicely air-conditioned dining room, or a lovely courtyard, depending on your preference. Both are appropriate for either a special occasion or a more casual dinner. The food was excellent; the egg rolls were the best I've ever had. The service was fantastic - when we weren't thrilled with another appetizer (we didn't complain, we just noticeably hadn't eaten much), the server replaced them with something else for us.
As good as the food was, I won't go often - just for special occasions; the food was fairly eclectic and won't appeal broadly (meat and potatoes eaters beware) and the prices are fairly high.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Eclectic menu of great food, cool atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our first visit to Savant. We chose to eat inside in the AC at a charming table for 2 in the eclectic, funky yet sophisticated "vintage" feeling dining room filled with black and white prints, shabby chic chandeliers and gauzy curtains as room dividers. The food was fantastic. We shared tasty fish tacos as an appetizer which came with a delicious spicy dipping sauce. I ordered the grilled mahi mahi with the black bean melon salsa and double vegetables (instead of the basmati rice) which was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and a work of art (see photo.) My husband had the chicken fajitas, which he declared the best he'd ever had, due to the unique Thai seasoning. Although it was somewhat pricey, I did not find it any more so than other nice restaurants on the island or in the Caribbean in general. They had a nice wine list but we did not try any. Next time we're on St. Croix, we will definitely eat here again, and we'll check out the beautiful outdoor courtyard!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penwell, New Jersey, United States
“Eclectic and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently ate in the wonderfully romantic courtyard. The menu offered a variety of different items, which appealed to my husband and I. We had the lobster egg roll, cassava encrusted catch of the day, and miso honey noodles. Each dish was amazing and flavorful.
The service was good. The prices were decent as well.
After eating at most places in Christiansted, this place had the best food!

Visited July 2012