“First Class” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dayton, Wyoming
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is pretty perfect. The atmosphere, the service and the food were all outstanding. The fresh fish special was so fresh I thought it might slap me. Good wine selection too. Overall it's on the pricey side, but it's obvious they know what they are doing. We had a great meal start to finish.

Visited February 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“5 Star's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

5 Star Dining at it's Best.Great Food Awsome Wine Collection.Excellent Friendly Service what else could one ask for.And Some Incredible Desert's made Fresh on Property.

Visited October 2012
MA
“Nice French Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The outside garden seating is nice here. The food was just OK. Service was nicely paced. Too bad the food was average.

Visited March 2013
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Meh..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have owned a restaurant. My brother graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. The whole family are foodies. We acknowledge that we are a bunch of pretty tough critics with high expectations. We decided to go to Kendricks after learning that our favorite restaurant in Christiansted, Bacchus, had closed.

We had not been to our time share in St Croix for about 2 years. To be fair, the island has suffered calamity since the last time we were there. Not only had the tourism suffered greatly from the 2008 economic crash, but around April 2012, the oil refinery in Frederiksted, the largest employer on the island, had closed. The results are seen all over the island, with a lot of businesses closing.

Kendricks bills itself as a fine dining restaurant. They offer pretty standard chophouse fair. There are sheep and cattle raised on the island, so the lamb and beef I think were local. I will say that the service was good. They were attentive, and when we began complaining about various things, they were responsive and polite. We were there with a large segment of my family, and were celebrating my proposal to my fiance earlier on the trip, as well as my grandmother's 90th birthday. So we definitely came to celebrate and in a good mood.

Appetizers ranged from about $10-$18. We had good and mediocre experiences there. I ordered the tuna tartar, which I always like to get on an island where the fish is fresh. This, was a disappointment. While the fish was fresh, the dish was basically tasteless. If I wanted chopped fresh tuna with no seasoning, I could have gone to the fish market and made it at my hotel for much less than the $16 they charged.

The Caesar salad was not a Caesar salad. Oil and vinegar with a few anchovies does not constitute a Caesar. For $12 this was really a bummer, and particularly annoying to my brother who regularly makes Caesar for us during holidays and thought there was no excuse for this.

The worst part of the meal was the rack of lamb or lamb chops (I can't remember which). It was supposed to come with a demi wine reduction of some sort. Unfortunately this came out as a sweet syrup, which to me was not the savory sauce I was used to and had asked about. Also the meat was overcooked (ordered medium rare, got medium), which was a shame because it seemed of high quality. At around $40, this was a BIG disappointment.

On the plus side, we had several dishes we really liked. They had a ravioli appetizer that was fabulous that we ordered seconds for. They served a bisque that was also fabulous. The best entre was a fresh parmesan crusted pan cooked swordfish that was definitely the highlight of the meal.

Kendricks has the bones of a great restaurant. I don't want to be too critical because I know all the restaurants there are suffering. But if Kendricks is going to serve food at those prices, it might make sense to maybe open one or two less days per week and pay more attention to detail. Maybe they lost their head chef or were short staffed. I'd have to see a bunch of good reviews there before I'd go back with a big party looking to spend $500-$700 again.

Visited December 2012
Springfield, VA
“One of my favorites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great place to eat. The courtyard setting is especially pleasant this time of year. Great wine list.

Visited February 2013