“Great food! Good people!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
“Great food! Good people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you're wanting to try local cuisine this is the best option in town. Great local, fresh food! The service was amazing, as well as the food. The atmosphere is very inviting and the decor says a lot about the history of the island.

Perth, Australia
“FRIENDLY ATMOSHERE AND GREAT FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Family run establishment with authentic Caribbean food...Friendly staff that is contagious throughout the restaurant...Cook and owner Sarah, even let me sample her fish when I was curious about how it was prepared...Will be one of my favorite eateries on St. Croix

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dana Point, California
“Genuine local food and island hospitality.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Harvey family restaurant offers authentic flavors of Saint Croix at reasonable prices. We arrived a little early for the lunch service but were welcomed in and seated anyway. The choices were not numerous but the extras added to the plate were many and tasty. I had the goat stew had some bones but I knew it would, The meat was tender and the sauce was spicy without being hot so as to counter the strong flavor of goat. Don't order this if you are a sissy afraid of culture. It came with a cool sweet slaw, peas, mac and cheese, potato salad and a slice of steamed sweet potato. It felt like we had been welcomed into the Harvey home and served just what they were having that evening. I would have eaten there again except for the fact that there are so many other restaurants to try. Go there and taste the islands.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wisconsin
“A must if you go to Christiansted .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As many other reviews state, when asked of locals of a good please to eat local cuisine Harvey's is often mentioned. My wife and I found out why. The food is excellent and compared to meals at the resorts very reasonable. My wife had the crab salad and said it was the best she ever had and I tried the Stewed Oxtail. It was fantastic. We got to meet Harvey his wife and their son who is the waiter . He was impressed that I tried the Oxtail and when we told him to thank the chef he said you can tell her yourself and he then introduced us to his mom. Was a trip we will never forget.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Harvey's - A Must for Local Caribbean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were wanting to eat where the locals eat and We were referred to this wonderful little restaurant. It is family owned and you feel you are in their home for lunch. We stopped in after a private tour of the island with Prince who highly recommended this restaurant. We had the crab salad, fried plantains, white sweet potato, some type of rice dish, peas and carrots dish and a ball of macaroni cheese on a huge plate that served us both the local Cruzan fare. Very tasty with a great fruit punch that was refreshingly good. They had goat stew, barbeque chicken dish on the menu but we were not famished, just wanted the experience of the real local Caribbean fare and were pleasantly surprised. Food was plenty and the bill was light! I would definitely go back. Only open for lunch.

• Visited January 2014