“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bronx, New York
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We came across Duggan's Reef randomly looking for some place to eat and we were glad we did. The food was delicious and the staff was incredibly polite and accommodating considering we did not have a reservation. The atmosphere was was nice and the sounds of the waves with a nice meal on our last night in St. Croix was the perfect way to end a great vacation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saugerties, New York
“Only good part was the view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Went there for my wife's birthday. Made reservations for 6 people. When my wife and I arrived, we just sat there. No one, I mean no one greeted us. We were the first ones to arrive. I had to go ask someone if we could find a table. I was told the owner would be right with us. This was the gentleman talking with some people right in front of us. Never even acknowledged us. Never even said Hi. We sat there for 15 minutes. I ended up interrupting him and asked if we could get the corner table. He said he was waiting on someone that made reservations for that table. It was us! He then stated oh, I just saw the two of you. Like two of us didn't really matter. Once we seated, the drinks from the bar were good. My wife had the lobster. A bit pricey for anywhere. She also ordered a baked potato and asparagus and got mashed potato's with broccoli. I had the fried chicken. Honestly KFC was better. Portion very small. The waitress was Very nice. Pleasant and was very attentive to us, apologized for the mix up. She even brought out a candle in our dessert so we could sing Happy Birthday. If it wasn't for the owner being so rude, this would have been an excellent rating, even with the price of the food. My wife had her lobster for her birthday so she was happy. The restaurant was right on the water and what a beautiful view.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Erie PA
“Good Food, pleasant relaxing dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good food, wait staff very friendly provided suggestions for menu as well as things to do on St. Croix

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went there for brunch on Sunday. They pile the bacon on your plate. Breakfast is great. The view is magnificent. Wonderful ambiance there is a wrecked boat just down the beach great photo op!!!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and superb service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We loved Duggan's! We went there for drinks often, because we were staying at a condo across the street at The Reef. The drinks were great - Jamie is a fantastic bartender. He took good care of us and had many recommendations for things to do on our vacation. We only ate there once and I wish we would have done that more. They were out of the whiskey lobster the night we were there for dinner. I had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus - amazing. My husband had the pork tenderloin with spiced rum apple butter - wow! That apple butter was insanely good. It was rather crowded while we ate but our server - Sally, I think - checked on us several times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere