“Local Cuisine at its Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
“Local Cuisine at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of experiencing lunch at Rose's 2 weeks ago while on a Southern Caribbean cruise. The restaurant is located one block behind the main shopping street. We dined on coconut shrimp with strawberry lime sauce, curried goat and conch in butter sauce over Spanish rice. Everything was wonderful! We also tried Dwayne's very own rum creation using all but 2 flavors of the Cruzan rum along with a splash of grenadine. The drink was a delicious blend of flavors..not to mention the "punch". As mentioned in another review, Rose opened her restaurant in January so she is just getting recognized by tourists and locals as well. She uses all her own recipes collected through the years. If you are looking for authentic local cuisine please stop by Rose's and you will be greeted with a big smile and warm hugs. That is just the being of a fantastic food experience. I would love to talk them into opening a place in Florida!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CruisingCouple519

Olympia, Washington
“The Great Food Just Keeps On Coming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I reviewed Rose's the last time we were on island. We just returned from another visit to St Croix and again visited Rose's Dream Cuisine -- not once, but twice. The rum punch is a Cruzan Rum Punch and is simply the best I've ever drunk. Its a layered liquor work of art. The coconut shrimp are still incredibly delicious. This trip we indulged ourselves with the pasta alfredo and buttered conch dinners. Insanely great food. The alfredo sauce was on the lighter side with a unique and pleasurable ending flavor. My wife couldn't believe how good the conch were. We ate with another couple from Houston who had not eaten at Rose's before. They, too, were awestruck by the food and beverage. Before you leave, you should purchase some of Ms. Rose's homemade hot sauce as a tasteful reminder of St Croix.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gillboy11
Tennessee
“Best local food after beach :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Rainbow beach several times as it was the nicest beach on that side of the island. Stopped by here for some good local food (goat curry, curry chicken). Very delicious. Very friendly people.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“One of the best in Frederiksted!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a new restaurant, hence the few reviews, but don't let that deter you! I dropped in for lunch a couple of weeks ago and went back again and again because of the awesome atmosphere, the wonderful, friendly service, and the unique island cuisine. They make their own mauby and ginger beer, and they have a pretty well-stocked bar. I had never tried mauby before, so I felt more cultured for doing so. They say it has a cooling effect on your body, but I will warn you, it's an acquired taste! The ginger beer, on the other hand, was awesome! Lots of ginger flavor, and not overly sweetened.

To eat, I tried the chicken chickpea wrap and the curry goat. I enjoyed both, but the people are the reason I will go back. Rose is a sweetheart and serves food from her heart. Thank you, Rose for the food and the hospitality!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Summer W
Olympia, Washington
“Coconut Shrimp with a Solid Punch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sweetie and I were walking King Street in Frederickstad and happened on Rose's. Not much to look at from the outside, but walk in and the place opens up with tasteful decor and wonderful art. Since it was warm outside, we ordered a Rum Punch from the bar. This was no ordinary punch. It was a layered liquor work of art that I drank by bringing my straw up through the layers of goodness. It ends with a float of blackstrap rum. Both of us thought that this was the best rum punch we ever drank. We also ordered the coconut shrimp. The chef presented it and suggested that we squeeze some lime on it before we dipped it into the strawberry sauce. The result was an explosion of flavor that was out of this world. After another order of shrimp and rum punch, we wandered back to Cottages by the Sea. If the libations and food were not enough, meeting with Ms. Rose was also quite a treat. We had a wonderful afternoon here.

• Visited May 2013